Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 10:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...just a tip to everyone - IF you ever go driving in a farmers field, make sure you roll your windows all the way up before you start driving like an a$$
Old May 8, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

hmmmm....do you need to get a shovel to get out all that manure and fertilizer in your back seat?
Old May 8, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys,

I bought Forge BOV today from Buschur. Which spring should I use on stock PSI???

To me it seems there isn't any difference between the stock BOV and Forge same sound, smae everything.

What do you think?
Old May 9, 2006, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

I presume your Forge BOV is recirculating, therefore it sounds like the stock BOV. For a more distinct WHOOOSH, you should consider a VTA-type or Hybrid BOV such as HKS, Work, or Turbosmart. For the ease of venting, you should always use the softest spring setting that can still hold the desired boost level. Otherwise you'll hear an excessive amount of studdering when releasing the throttle.
Old May 9, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I disagree with the VTA BOV necessarily...VTA might give you idle issues....

Plus I also have the Forge BOV and it sound VERY BOV like.

However my BOV stutters like FOB said at a sudden release of throttle in boost. You probably have the next generation of the Forge BOV which is supposed to alleviate that problem.

Once you get an intake filter, it will open it up more....and you'll hear the more distinctive sound.

As for the spring, I use the stiffest spring but if you get stutter, you definitely want to use the softest one. I think the softest one is green and stiffest one is red.

Evolution[OH], why are you spending your money on these non-performance mods, especially if you're trying to improve your track time? BOV and IC piping will add minimal to no gains....IMO you should concentrate on bolt-on mods that others have recommended...like the HKS catback that you were thinking of getting.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LilJapnBoy
I disagree with the VTA BOV necessarily...VTA might give you idle issues....

Plus I also have the Forge BOV and it sound VERY BOV like.

However my BOV stutters like FOB said at a sudden release of throttle in boost. You probably have the next generation of the Forge BOV which is supposed to alleviate that problem.

Once you get an intake filter, it will open it up more....and you'll hear the more distinctive sound.

As for the spring, I use the stiffest spring but if you get stutter, you definitely want to use the softest one. I think the softest one is green and stiffest one is red.

Evolution[OH], why are you spending your money on these non-performance mods, especially if you're trying to improve your track time? BOV and IC piping will add minimal to no gains....IMO you should concentrate on bolt-on mods that others have recommended...like the HKS catback that you were thinking of getting.
Yea, dont mess around with the venting with the forge unit - the new unit doesnt have red/green springs - mine came with two springs(one is a bit thicker looking) . the bov is probably fine as is - once you get a cone filter and get rid of the stock airbox you will hear the bov, if thats what you are looking for. I have the forge unit with a cone filter and its pretty freaking loud.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Dr. Fob
I presume your Forge BOV is recirculating, therefore it sounds like the stock BOV. For a more distinct WHOOOSH, you should consider a VTA-type or Hybrid BOV such as HKS, Work, or Turbosmart. For the ease of venting, you should always use the softest spring setting that can still hold the desired boost level. Otherwise you'll hear an excessive amount of studdering when releasing the throttle.
...Plus you shouldnt take advice from the guy who had interior neons and stickers on the sides of his car
Old May 9, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

^^
I wonder how I can make my BOV sound so sweet ?
Old May 9, 2006, 08:51 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by alexandru
^^
I wonder how I can make my BOV sound so sweet ?
OK...HERE WE GO...HOLD ON....

wistle tip.....CHECK

Electric "Blow off sound maker"......CHECK

Interfooler...........CHECK

YEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Old May 9, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ny-quiL
OK...HERE WE GO...HOLD ON....

wistle tip.....CHECK

Electric "Blow off sound maker"......CHECK

Interfooler...........CHECK

YEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

HA-HA-HA, THAT'S THE FUNNIEST I'VE SEEN IN A WHOLE WEEK.

Ok, now, remeber I told you I suspected a boost leak, well that's why I got Forge BOV, cause I remember you saying these are great boost wise. I'm not looking for ricer whoosh sound, I'm looking for one solid whoosh, because the noise I have right now kind of kills me, it's like a vaccum sound. Instead of being solid it's long and soft, I let you hear it once.

As far as other mods go I'm working on it. HKS exhaust is coming tomorrow. Cone shape filter (4.5 inch Injen is in the car right now, and UICP came with it). So it's not like I'm looking for whoosh, I'm working on bolt ons, but got forge to avoid the leakage, it sounds like stock anyways.

Bost gauge will be installed today, by the way does anyone have any pods for evo that they want to sell. I ordered one last wed. from EvoMoto, paid for 2 days delivery. Wrote them that it hasn't come in yet and they called me today and told me that they saw the receipt from PayPal but the order didn't go through their system. I tell you screw them.

P.S I ordered my injen set up from them, paid for 3 days delivery got it in 5!
Old May 9, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

My forge is black and has 4 springs, right now I have the thickest in. I think buschur recommended yellow one with stock boost, but it seems too soft to me.
Old May 9, 2006, 12:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]
My forge is black and has 4 springs, right now I have the thickest in. I think buschur recommended yellow one with stock boost, but it seems too soft to me.
sounds like you got one of the old style forge units. I would say if he said put in the yellow one, put in the yellow one
Old May 9, 2006, 12:29 PM
Account Disabled

Im gonna see if buschur may be interested in carrying my own staged kit as outlined above, im calling it the "FOB Motorsports Stage 9"
Old May 9, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ny-quiL
...Plus you shouldnt take advice from the guy who had interior neons and stickers on the sides of his car

Neons I agree, but side stickers - is that TOO risie? To be honest if the are put the right way I like how they look , I've seen one evo with the stickers on side skirts and it was alright.
Old May 9, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Stickers are rice if you don't have those mods. Inspired by JDM styling trends, I simply had one row down the side mirror and these stickers were valid representation of my modifications.

Quick Reply: ***Official Ohio Chat Thread***