Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Altered Exhaust ticket -IL

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altered Exhaust ticket -IL

Anyone ever got one? I got pulled over on the way to work this morning. Honestly, I could have gotten a speeding ticket, so I guess I'm lucky. The cop said I was getting a ticket for "altered exhaust". He got back in his car without ever writing up anyting and took off. I'm guessing this is something I'll get in the mail.
Old May 13, 2006, 08:59 AM

Seriously.. aren't there worse things happening around here other than exhaust noise
Old May 13, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DvlGrl
Seriously.. aren't there worse things happening around here other than exhaust noise
No, DUIs, drugs, rape, murder. These are all minor problems that cops can be focusing on only on a rare basis, where the exhaust modification, well that is just probably the worst thing ANYONE can do and requires full attention by a police force.

Sorry about that. I doubt you'll get a ticket in the mail maybe he just realized what an idiot he was and got back in his car and drove off?

Whatever happens please keep us posted.

Sorry to sound so bitter i just hate these police stories, there are way better things they can be doing with their time and your tax dollars. IMO

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 13, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

I've gotten a ticket in Woodridge, IL for loud exhaust, actually it was 3 days after I got my AMS turbo back and I got a HFC, not even a test pipe. Oh well its just an equipment violation not a moving violation.

I agree with you steve, the town I live in we have a cop for every 100 people.... Imagine that in a town of 140K plus.
Old May 13, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Got to be something better to do.
Old May 13, 2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
maybe he just realized what an idiot he was and got back in his car and drove off?
i wish that worked everytime...

I hate IL suburbs... come on they print bs police reports in the local papers.. i seriously think vendors should fight back all these laws trying to get passed.. but it all comes back to.. motorcycles are louder and since cops ride them on off days.. they focus on imports instead.. working for harley had its perks though,...
Old May 13, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys/girls, I'll keep you posted.
Old May 13, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BluByWho
I've gotten a ticket in Woodridge, IL for loud exhaust, actually it was 3 days after I got my AMS turbo back and I got a HFC, not even a test pipe. Oh well its just an equipment violation not a moving violation.

I agree with you steve, the town I live in we have a cop for every 100 people.... Imagine that in a town of 140K plus.
cops in woodridge are all *********... they really have problem with aftermarket exhausts!
Old May 13, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

I got one a couple of years back...but it was a fix it ticket, and I had a silencer for the exhaust I was running. I guess it depends on what the ticket actually is
Old May 13, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

I also got one a couple of years ago when I owned a civic si. Jackass cop said that my exhaust tip was 4" in diameter and it was against the law. I went to court they wanted me to pay $250. Man I said f*** that, I aint payin!
Old May 13, 2006, 10:26 PM

Man, I live in Milwaukee and every freaking day, people are riding around with modified Harleys that sound like they're igniting a pound of dynamite from their tailpipes every time they hit the gas, yet cops pull me over because of my stock exhaust all the time.

When I had my RSX, I had an Apexi N1 catback which imho wasn't all that loud, but cops loved pulling me over.

It makes me sick.
Old May 14, 2006, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

My car is pretty loud, and I've never had any problems with cops because of it... I just shift at very low rpms when I see cop cars. I've actually been thinking about taking my muffler off