Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Looking to buy an Evo Finally. :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy an Evo Finally. :)

For those of you that have purchased Evo's in and around the Chicagoland area, what are a few of the better dealer ships to go to. I am in and around the N/W burbs but will go where the price and service is right. I Have also noticed the Southern california dealer ship that runs great deals. Am I bettter off just to buy from them and have the car shipped to me ? Any Help would be great.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

No one, Bump.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I bought mine from Max Madsen in Downers Grove back in the beginning of 03. Wasn't able to haggle back then. I got MSRP there while others wanted to add on to that. Basically anywhere in chicago land you are screwed when buying brand new.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

great to know.. I am going to dread this weekend I guess...
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get a quote with shipping costs from a CA dealers and bring that with you, as a bargening tool
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will wont find any used Evos at dealerships...I just found mine by chance from a private seller...who wasn't selling. Do you care about colors? Try cars.com and autotrader...lots of Blue, yellow, and a few silver here and there.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

I paid 28.5 for my 8 last august which is right about 30k otd with mits 0% apr at Anderson in rockford.

They currently have a tb9 sitting on the showroom floor but not sure what they want for it.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

I have been emailing all the dealers I can that are 50 miles or so around palatine. Too see what they can do so I don't waste my time or theres . I would love to just go in buy it and leave.
I am also looking for an evo that is New because it is going to be my daily wheels, no mods are going on this car till warrenty is over or they deny me warrrenty work cause that is what they seem to do. I am really looking to buy this weekend I would love to be 30k otd.
thanks all for some of the comments so far as I have also been searching old threads to see what other Chicagoland people have done.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deac0n
For those of you that have purchased Evo's in and around the Chicagoland area, what are a few of the better dealer ships to go to. I am in and around the N/W burbs but will go where the price and service is right. I Have also noticed the Southern california dealer ship that runs great deals. Am I bettter off just to buy from them and have the car shipped to me ? Any Help would be great.
Yes my friend

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=15

The shipping is probably around 800 - 1000 dollars
Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Too bad you're not looking to buy used. I have a completely custom 2003 Evo VIII that I have been contemplating on selling recently. This is one of the first 50 Evolution VIII's brought to the US. It is going to be impossible to part with her, but the wife and I are looking to get a new home. The car is nicely modded and in excellent condition. She has only 27,000 easy-driven miles. I always took it easy on her. The warranty and extended warranty I purchased remain intact. PM or call me if you're interested in getting more info. I'll probably officially put her up for sale in a few days. I'm not sure what I would ask, but it would probably be under the 30 large you would spend for a new and stock Evo. Sorry if I hijacked your thread here.

Here's a link below with some pics.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=kaminari

-Lucas (815)814-3620
Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:49 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got mine from gillman here in houston after passing through while on vacation. they matched my offer and bought the '06 gg mr with 14 miles only(new!) and saved the shipping cost from southcoast and also the california tax that I have to pay. look for ken tong at south houston gillman.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:05 PM

Silversteak! Are you serious! I know you can't sell her!!! Hit me up with an email.

Sorry for the hijack too. :-(
Old Jun 27, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

I just want to thank everyone that has replied to my thread and say thanks, all the info has been great I will be trying to hit stores this week. too see what they can do.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Well, buying the Evo is not going to happen.. wife totaled our spare car today.. she is OK, will try to add some pics if I can get to the bone yard with someones digital camera. I guess owning an Evo is just not going to happen for me
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

i have been contemplating selling mine don't really want to, but having switched jobs about a year ago has had it a little more difficult to hold on to.

05ggMR 1500 miles, several extras on the car. if curious at all PM me, in indianapolis indiana

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an Evo Finally. :)