Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Evo Photo Op and Meet & Greet

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2003, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks LD...
June 4th is cool with me, but would a weekend thing be better?
also, does anyone here ever hit the MN sport compact events? They are sorta fun and there are some cool people/cars - we could show up together to one of their BBQs, that would be sweet. A couple of dozen Evos & WRXs all showing up at once...

lets plan the 4th, and then do a Saturday thing soon.
Old May 23, 2003, 02:43 PM
-LD

i'm out of town on the 4th so i can't make it

MN sportcompacts is meeting the 31st i believe for anyone interested
Old May 23, 2003, 11:55 PM

Okay guys, it's nearing the witching hour and I still haven't heard back from the AARRF dude about the time and place to meet for the caravan to St Cloud. IMO I can't be bothered to drive all the way to St Cloud to marshall for someone who can't even return one of the 3 messages I've left in the last 24 hours, so bugger it! If you guys want to get together tomorrow then PM me. Otherwise, you are welcome to drive to St Cloud by yourself, but I am going to skip it and stay in bed a while instead. Sorry for the last minute notice, but you've got to work with what you are given some time, ya know?

Have a good weekend y'all.

Also, check out thre links page I put together - it even has a link for new fog lights!

www.freewebs.com/perversity/evo/links.htm
Old May 25, 2003, 02:37 PM
-LD

anyone interested in the impreza/Evo meet and greet for Sat. the 31st? a lot of the WRX/impreza guys think a weekend and Midway are the way to go
Old May 28, 2003, 09:05 PM

I am up for a meet. I am part of the MN sport Compacts and I-club group. I would like to check out a EVO upclose. We (MN Subaru guys) are having a mini meet Friday night in Roseville if anyone is interested in showing up. I think there might be a STI or 2 showing up also.

Russ
Old May 29, 2003, 05:18 PM
-LD

any of the MN Evo guys interested? it looks like a lot of the subaru folks are also going to the MNsportcompacts meet in the afternoon

i think i'll be going to the MNsportcompacts meet this weekend

i'd be up for meeting somewhere beforehand and all driving in together...then maybe head down to midway that night as a group

it would be pretty sweet to drive up with a bunch of imrezas and Evos

check out the posts on Nasioc (I-club) - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=365066
Old May 31, 2003, 01:15 AM

I'm up for going tomorrow. When and where are people meeting?
Old May 31, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

noon (give or take) at the eden prairie shopping center. there is a Barnes & Noble on the southish side. Lets meet there quite a ways from the store.

see ya there Tony

-Eric
Old May 31, 2003, 10:46 AM

Hey there Eric - give me a call if you get this before you leave this morning.

Tony
Old May 31, 2003, 01:11 PM

hi "perversity",
I'm assuming you are the Tony I met at the Edina theater last night? That was the first other EVO I've seen so far! Anyways, I still have 150 miles left of break-in, so I think I'll spend the day driving around, but if you guys have another meeting some other day, I'd love to come by. I can't wait to get this car on a race track...
-dave
Old May 31, 2003, 03:10 PM

Hi there "soapsuds"

Yep, that was me last night. Hi there.

We will all be meeting again at Wayzatta (see map above) at 6.30pm on Wednesday 4th June. Hope to see you, and every one else there on Wednesday!
Old May 31, 2003, 07:43 PM

I'll try to make it on Wednesday--if I'm late, do you think you guys will still be at the dealership, or do you typically go somewhere else once you meet up?

Well, I finally reached the magic 600 miles today, and tried a couple of runs up to maybe 6700 RPM... I can't believe I'm saying this since the EVO has far more power than my E30 M3 (R.I.P.), but the first time I ran it up I was a little disappointed--I had previously done a few short bursts of hard acceleration at 3500-4000, and was amazed at the torque, but when I spooled it most of the way to the redline, it didn't seem to "live up" to that initial rush. I was running 94 octane from a Holiday, so I am assuming the ECU wasn't pulling the timing on me--it'd be nice if the ECU would flash a light or something when it goes into anti-knock mode.

The other thing that really surprised me was how much the tires squeal under moderately hard cornering with neutral throttle--is that normal? My S-03s on the M3 wouldn't squeal even if you were pretty much sliding (except for on that dark patch on the inside of turn 10 at BIR). I also don't like attracting attention if I decide to take a corner "enthusiastically"... and most passengers don't like to hear that sound!

The evo seemed to do this nice rotation under dropped throttle (ya gotta love all those ramps near 77 and 62/494), but I wonder if switching the front camber to the "more negative" setting would help with the squeal and initial understeer. I'm assuming changing the camber setting would mess up the toe-in, requiring an alignment?

Well, obviously I have a lot to learn with this beast...
Old May 31, 2003, 09:49 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by soapsuds
I was running 94 octane from a Holiday, so I am assuming the ECU wasn't pulling the timing on me--it'd be nice if the ECU would flash a light or something when it goes into anti-knock mode.
Do you mean 93 octane? Cause if they have 94 at some Holiday, I'll be there in a flash.
Old May 31, 2003, 09:55 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Hey guys, how was MNSC meet? Unfortunately I couldn't make it... Did the masses like the Evo? Any pictures from the event?

BTW, I got a call from Morries' Subaru saying that my STi was in. I'm gonna go and test drive it on Monday I hope. Why should I NOT trade my Evo in for it?
Old Jun 1, 2003, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

A group pic of the pre-MNSC BBQ
Attached Thumbnails Evo Photo Op and Meet & Greet-0002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Evo Photo Op and Meet & Greet