Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Utah Road Race Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Biggie
The series will be a lot of hard work, and if the competitors support the series, in the end the series will support them. The idea is good, the rules are just about dead on and the people running and promoting the series (like ME) are passionate. And if the enthusiast community takes a look at the overall concept, hopefully they will support the series and make it an overwhelming success.
The problem is that a race series doesn't really work that way. The competitors don't support the series in the beginning. First it has to be an attractive organization. Right now, it is not.

Why would competitors take the time and money to build a car for a series that is poorly run and has over restrictive rules? Another problem with the series is that it is local. Now this can be turned into an advantage if you cater to the locals. Right now, that is not the case.

Either there is some comprimise made, or, in my mind, it will have a rough beginning and a timely demise. We shall see...
Old May 17, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

So, Monday 21 May is Lapping Days out at MMP west track. Anyone in?

Or scared?

You can sign up at www.lappingdays.com
Old May 17, 2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scared, driving sucks!!!
Old May 17, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe I should come out. Put some base times down in stock form lol. How much is this stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind. $350 for one day eek!

Last edited by bryant; May 17, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old May 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bryant
Maybe I should come out. Put some base times down in stock form lol. How much is this stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind. $350 for one day eek!
Worth every penny....lol
Old May 24, 2007, 02:11 PM
Silver Sponsor

This thread

cause of eficker. Where is my towhook :P
Old May 24, 2007, 06:20 PM

oh man. that picture is disturbing. ben you have issues man.
Old May 26, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Ben, that is funny. Its right here. Why dont you come get it?

Open day Tuesday at MMP. East track, anyone in? I'll be there half day...
Old May 27, 2007, 06:31 AM

I am in.
Old May 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

So, last Monday was a Lapping Days event on the west track. I had a lap timer and was running somewhere around 1:51. Of course it was raining pretty hard with standing water everywhere, but it was fun nonetheless.

Since it was raining i was running stock A046's, which gripped quite well.

I don't really know if i ever really got a clean lap as everyone seemed less than confident in the wet, so there was a lot of traffic.

Anyway, Tuesday and the east track should be good times, and its supposed to be dry, so we'll probably see some real lap times from that...
Old May 28, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone even have any lap times of what other evos are doing on the track? Would be a good start to know how well or bad you are doing and maybe something good for ppl looking to improve if you are running about the same mods. If possible we should get some lap times posted with different set ups. Just an idea.
Old May 28, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bryant
Does anyone even have any lap times of what other evos are doing on the track? Would be a good start to know how well or bad you are doing and maybe something good for ppl looking to improve if you are running about the same mods. If possible we should get some lap times posted with different set ups. Just an idea.
that is a good idea i like it. i believe the ams evo was running a 1:36 on the west track on 21 psi of boost.

i am going to do the track day on july 28th with the scca is anyone else doing that?
Old May 28, 2007, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
that is a good idea i like it. i believe the ams evo was running a 1:36 on the west track on 21 psi of boost.

i am going to do the track day on july 28th with the scca is anyone else doing that?
I'll have one tomorrow again (thanks Jason) for the east track. It should be dry, so hopefully i won't embarass myself.

1:36 is respectable. I have heard others claim close times to that, good to know that they are mistaken, since they don't have much experience and are still driving a street car.

I would expect a low 1:40 in the dry, but who knows. I still have a lot to learn.
Old May 29, 2007, 06:18 PM

Well it's offical Jason (DTC EVO) is the fastest on the East track!!! He was running extremly fast 1:43's to Fick and I's 1:45's. Congrats J!

Last edited by munoa13; May 29, 2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old May 29, 2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by munoa13
Well it's offical Jason (DTC EVO) is the fastest on the East track!!! He was running extremly fast 1:43's to Fick and I's 1:45's. Congrats J!
not gonna lie.......adam your car is sick. very fast, very stable, lots of grip. it's easy to run fast when your driving a car so well set up. i owe you big time for letting me trash your car. sorry about putting the wheels in the dirt though.

anyone who is thinking about having adam munoa and erich ficker of munoa performance, setup, tune or work on your car getting ready for track duty.......DO IT! they know what they are doing.

Quick Reply: Utah Road Race Thread!