Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

How high are you trapping? COLORADO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
How high are you trapping? COLORADO

If you have run your car at bandimere or pmi please post your trap speeds.

I trapped at about 96 when i was bone stock(is this good/bad)

I came back with TBE and boost controller at 20lbs(untuned) and went the exact same speed... The car felt faster in 1st and 2nd; but 3rd and 4th felt really slow.

My theory is, the car was hitting higher load cells and pulling timing in the higher gears? does this sound right?

I watched other evo's there trapping from 94-102 with the same mods as me or less.

Please post only if you have run at pmi or bandimere, because there are many other threads about tracks that don't suffer from 5000ft+ altitude.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are u on rmevo.com (rocky mountain evo)

if not join it, because that is where all of us evo owners hang out at for colorado. My sceen name is the same on rmevo.com

we have a meet coming up at the end of January at carz performance
Old Dec 22, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With a Buschur filter, Buschur 3" TBE, MBC and tune I went 12.86@105.5 on the stock clutch back in my old EVO 8.

Later w/ all the supporting mods, and a AMS 3076R I went 11.91@119 on a ACT that wouldn't let me shift. I was also taxing the stock ignition too the point it was breaking up about 1 second from the traps, seriously hurting my times/traps. Car was capable of mid 11's@122-123 up here.

My EVO IX has been a little disapointing. On a 110deg day it went 13.1@109 on the stock clutch, w/ MBC @ 23psi, Nisei IC pipes, AMS TBE and Cosworth cams. The stock clutch would not hold the power of the car off the line in that heat. Hence the HORRIBLE times. But the car was making good power on pump w/ its 109mph traps in that heat.

All these runs were done at Bandi.

Last edited by JustDSM; Dec 22, 2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the track