Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Class b misdemeanor illinois speeding in Illinois cook county

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class b misdemeanor illinois speeding in Illinois cook county

Like the title says i got speeding ticket going 90 in a 55mph around woodfield mall area on route 53 highway, i wanted to know what happen to the people who had a ticket like this within the year since i hear they got strick and is making examples of of speeders. just wanted to know what i've gotten myself into. Thanks in advance everyone for readying
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Do some reading, there are a ton of things you can request at trial that will most likely not be provided and thus get you off. Things like records on the gun that clocked you, calibrations, officer training with the gun, the officer there etc etc

Best of luck

Last edited by SDevo13; Mar 15, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Best bet is to go to court talk to the prosecutor and plead guilty to a lesser charge. They may offer 75 in a 55 for example. Pay fine and move on.
Very hard and potentially expensive to fight it. Plus you were speeding, right?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your that worried, get a lawyer

I was able to get off of 4 charges with a lawyer
One of which was also a 90 in a 55 speeding charge
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

you should not take any advice you hear on this forum as legal advice; get a lawyer/find someone who will do a free consultation
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Agreed from the guy above.
I lived in Chicago my whole life and know exactly where you got the ticket. I'm sure it was either Schaumburg police or State Police who gave you the ticket.
One of the better things in IL is that we have something called "court supervision". court supervision means, the ticket will not go on your record if you do not get a ticket for a year. If you get a ticket within the year, the ticket will then go on your record. Main benefit of it not going on your record is that your insurance wont go up. It will still remain in the police database but just not be shown to your insurance company.
You can only granted court supervision if you have not gotten a ticket within a year and your record isn't terrible where within the past 5 years you have gotten 3+ tickets.

Other states use a point system which is totally different.

In your case what I would do is if I haven't gotten a ticket within a year and my record isn't bad, I would go to court without an attorney and plead guilty with court supervision.
Best case scenario they grant you supervision and you are good to go. Just don't get another ticket within a year.
Worse case scenario, they deny you court supervision. In that case , afterwords I would appeal the case. In IL that will cost you $40 . Then I would take an attorney and he should be able to get your supervision.
Ohh yeah your minimum fine will be at least $500! Their court fee alone is $385.
Good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PKEVO8
you should not take any advice you hear on this forum as legal advice; get a lawyer/find someone who will do a free consultation
like he said, don't take any advice and lawyer up if you're worried. Don't even google for answers because most of the info you find will be misleading. Each case is different and is treated differently.

I take it you will be going to Rolling Meadows for court off of Euclid?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpinALL4s
Like the title says i got speeding ticket going 90 in a 55mph around woodfield mall area on route 53 highway, i wanted to know what happen to the people who had a ticket like this within the year since i hear they got strick and is making examples of of speeders. just wanted to know what i've gotten myself into. Thanks in advance everyone for readying
Reckless driving? Last time i was at court (rolling meadows) that was consider jail time if im not mistakin. I would consider a lawyer

Goodluck with it!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:05 PM

Get a lawyer I got one for 80 in a 40 which with a lawyer I got 6 months supervision and 700.00 fine including court cost + 350 for the lawyer but worth every penny cause it's not on my record. So for me only 2 months till i get off supervision!!!!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:56 PM

it is a Rolling Meadows for court date, the cop told me he could throw my *** in jail/impound my car but he didn't... it was only a speeding ticket not reckless driving. be4 this post i was always gonna get a lawyer i have the money to do so i just wanted to know what was gonna happen. i always go with lawyer i've noticed it's always smart to have someone represent u. i'm more worried about getting my license taken away or my insurance not insuring me on the evo. u guys thing that will happen? or even have my insurance go up
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

i defend myself all the time, im at the dam court on Euclid Ave every year i have not paid a speeding ticket yet and the judges on euclid are actuly pretty nice if you talk correctly and show respect. 40% of the time the cop wont show up, in joliet if you drag *** a little bit and be like 20-30 minutes late on your second hearing [for speeding] the cop usualy leaves and they will drop the charges, a little trick a learned thanks to being late on several instances at that court in joliet.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just about every department around here pays time and a half to doubletime with a minimum of three hours paid out to anyone that even shows up to the court house, it's unusual for an officer not to show. Trust that I would not.