Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

MN, St. Paul area Evo Dyno Day, let me know if you want to do this.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understand it is a step change. I'm planning on leaving the pill in.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 11:38 AM

You actually have to physically remove it (restrictor) from the hydraulic actuator. The ss only helps the overall feel of the clutch, as ss is more rigid but the stock rubber hose flexes.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Installing the SS clutch line is supposed to help clutch dis-engagement and engagement feel through less line flex.

Removing the restrictor will help the clutch engage more quickly and more firmly, but if abused will transfer more shock to your tranny and diffs.

Removing my restrictor has made a noticable difference when I launch my car. For day-to-day driving the restrictor change isn't even noticeable.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by erioshi
Installing the SS clutch line is supposed to help clutch dis-engagement and engagement feel through less line flex.

Removing the restrictor will help the clutch engage more quickly and more firmly, but if abused will transfer more shock to your tranny and diffs.

Removing my restrictor has made a noticable difference when I launch my car. For day-to-day driving the restrictor change isn't even noticeable.
That's why I'm leaving mine in - I do not plan on doing a lot of launching. Thanks erioshi for your comments.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

I've only launced my car 4 times. The first time my clutch slip was uncontrolable; after I removed the restrictor I was able to limit the slip more. My car still slips more than it should, but I'd rather slip than blow a diff.

Oh, just ordered some new bump-sticks today Anyone have a wideband O2 meter or know of an AWD dyno that is up and running yet?