Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Michigan EVO Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2004, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a little far out to know for sure, but I'll try to be there.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What we need to do is have a dyno day at AYA racing. They have an AWD dyno (Mustang Dyno), which is the best there is. It is located in Holland Michigan 2 blocks from where I currently live. If we get Al, we need him there. :edit: The owner is VERY well know with Evo community in europe from rallying. He is also Mustang Dyno dealer so he knows every part/in's and outs to these dynos. We need to give him a shot. I met with him today and he seems very excited to get some active clubs there. He is also an authorized AEM dealer that knows those standalones better than anybody I have personally met. He also does MoTec's, from the rally days.
As far as a Michigan Evo Club, I am so down for a exclusive Evo club with Michiganders.

Last edited by EVOlunchbox; Mar 6, 2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVOlunchbox
This is also the only type of dyno that Shiv tunes on.
It is?

shiv
Old Mar 6, 2004, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

my bad...

Sorry, I though you had a preference to which Dyno you tuned on? The last time there was a group of guys that wanted you to come to Chicago I was pretty sure you didn't want to tune on anything else? But that was old school long ago, and my memory isn't the best I can't remember... sorry for the misuse of name
Cheers

Last edited by EVOlunchbox; Mar 6, 2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Came across this post a little late. I could have made the March 4th meet only if i had come across this post a couple weeks earlier.

I'm in the Metro Detroit Area too and would like to meet up with all the Evo owners.

Also, Payn Technologies in Troy has a AWD Mustang Dyno. I had all the work done on my old car there...very nice people to deal with. There's also Autowerk Motorsports 10mile/696.

Let me know when you guys organize another meet. I plan on going to Gingerman on April 17th and also plan on attending a few DE events at Waterford organized by the RSR/PCA (Rally Sports Region/Porsche Club of America).

http://rsp.pca.org/faq_track.html
Old Mar 15, 2004, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

March 4th???

KZEVO - the meet is actually on March 26th....Friday.......see the original post....

let's get this thing going
Old Mar 17, 2004, 07:01 AM

hey guys i am going to randazzos this weekend if it is decent.. would like us to travel in packs there ....
Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:43 PM

I'm down with MI evo club. I'm near Kzoo,
Old Mar 18, 2004, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Count me in for the friday the 26th meet.
Ill be there in the Tarmac Black EVO with STIKLLR on the plate.
been seeing a few silver evos around here... waterford/clarkston area. one tinted out one not..
Pass one almost everyday on my way to work headed south on dixie. and see same car parked at deer lake inn all the time with his 930 turbo friend .. wonder if he posts on here?

Kyle M.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be there too. Told another silver evo owner who i bumped into at the car wash about the meet. I'll be in a black Evo. See you all Friday!
Old Mar 23, 2004, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

March 26th? Maybe Im not too late after all!

Evil - I can't believe you got that plate - Thats ****in sweet. BTW - We met at my buddy's house over on Cass Lake Rd at little while ago.

I've seen a Blue Evo on Orchard Lake/14 Mile, with a T-Rex or something graphic down the rear doors/quarter panels... Wonder if he's on here.

I'll do my best to be at the meet - Tarmac Black, EVO VII tails, and black headlights... ALL PSI is my plate!

Untill then,
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:27 PM

I'd be interested in a AYARacing day.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Evilution: I saw you a few months ago on Elizabeth Lk Rd and then we both turned onto Telegraph. I was in the silver EVO with the tinted windows. Excellent license plate, btw! I loved the lightly tinted tails. I asked you how to you did it, and you said you used "nylon". What's that all about? Can you elaborate?

I'll probably be passing by Telegraph and 15 a little earlier than 7pm (5 or 6, I'd guess). If I see anyone around, I'll stop by. Otherwise, I'll catch you guys at the next one.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 05:36 PM

Did a quick drive-by about 7:30PM but didn't see anyone for the first meeting...
Old Mar 26, 2004, 09:28 PM

Another Apex Silver here in Clarkston (w/ rear tint), seriously original eh. It's still in storage for the winter. It'll be out at a few autox and track events. I'm an experienced instructor for both if anyone is interested in getting more information to participate. In fact, Detroit SCCA will have a solo school Apr. 24-25, to date there is only one Evo and "seven" Subie STI/WRXs registered , something wrong here (www.detroit-scca.org/news/solo04e1.asp).

BTW, if someone local has a XEDE or XFLASH, I'll be curious to check it out sometime.

Quick Reply: Michigan EVO Owners Club