Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Midwest Street Fest A True Streetcar Event!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Midwest Street Fest A True Streetcar Event!

For some time now a close group of friends and I have been discussing creating a drag racing event geared towards true streetcars. With the help of the staff at Great Lakes Dragaway we were able to make this possible. Midwest's fastest cars come together for a once a year showdown. Industry sponsors, Cash payouts and fast cars is what its all about during Midwest Street Fest! The date has been set for July 26th mark your calendars! With a wide variety of cars planning to attend it should make for a allaround awesome turnout! "Like" Midwest Street Fest on Facebook for updates and info! https://www.facebook.com/Midweststreetfest

Everyone has there own opinion on what a true "streetcar" is the Street Car class provides what we believe to be a perfect example.

Street Car Class

General Rules and Regulations:
-Pro Tree .400
-Heads up
-Red Light You are eliminated
-Match ups with be drawn from a hat at random. Winners will be put back into the Hat and drawn from again next round. Eliminated participants are still free to make Passes Via test and Tune/Grudge. Odd number gets by run but still has to complete a pass
- No changes to the vehicle are allowed after Cruise expect tire pressure, Bottle exchange/Heater, or mounting of Parachute. Tires may be Changed as long as tire is within the required field.
- All Vehicle’s entered must have a valid plate, registration and insurance card (State Legalities) at the time of qualifying cruise.
-All vehicles entered must have a working Alternator and functioning cooling system
-All vehicles will be required to go on a 20min street Cruise to qualify you for this class. No exceptions.
-All Vehicles must have at a minimum of one working windshield wiper.
Vehicle Rules and Regulations:
Body/Chasis: Aftermarket Body parts are limited to: Hood, fender, trunk/hatch, bumpers, body kits, and wings Only! Quarter panels, Doors, frame rails, and chassis must remain OEM Material. No aftermarket or modified firewalls, No one piece front ends. K-members and Notching permitted. Cowl Hoods may not be larger than ½ of the drivers windshield in height.
Lights: Vehicle Must have fully functioning headlights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals.
Windows: Vehicle must have 100% factory OEM style glass windows. No exceptions.
Interior: Must have Factory Dash. Full interior from the drivers forward is required. Driver and passengers seat must be in vehicle. Aftermarket seats permitted. Roll Cage Permitted. Parachute Permitted (install after cruise if it interferes with plates)
Suspension: “Factory Style” Suspension required. All suspension must use factory mounting locations (front and rear) Aftermarket shocks and springs permitted. Wheelie bars, ladder bars are strictly prohibited.
Engine: Vehicle must run a full functioning cooling system including radiator and alternator.
Transmission: Automatic and Manual are both permitted. Trans Breaks are permitted. Shifter if Manual must be H pattern. Air/electric shifters are prohibited. Clutch must be manually engaged/disengaged.
Induction: Multiple power adders permitted. Intercoolers are limited to Air to Air only (Heat exchanger style intercoolers allowed on vehicles equipped with them from the factory)
Drivetrain: Aftermarket Rear ends, spools, ring and pinion, and axles are all permitted. IRS cars may have a Solid axle conversion.
Fuel: Gasoline and ethanol only.
Exhaust: Must Run Muffler(s). Exhaust must exit past the firewall.
Tires: Vehicles must run a DOT approved tire,radial or bias ply no larger than a 28’X10.5 or up to a 325 Radial.
-Tire Exceptions- All Manual transmission cars are allowed to run up to but no larger than a 28”X10.5” Slick. This is for Stick shift cars ONLY! Vehicles that come from the factory with larger tires than in the rules will be allowed to only run up to OEM Width.

Now onto the next class which is the "Rowdy 85" Class Rules

Rowdy "85" Class
Class
-Pro Tree .400
-Heads up
-Must qualify to enter. 16 car field. Quickest of qualified cars will be chosen to fill 16 car field. From Qualifying passes names will be placed in a tournament bracket to begin eliminations. Eliminated participants are still free to make Passes Via test and Tune/Grudge. Odd number gets by run but still has to complete a pass
-All vehicles are limited to a 8.5" Tire Maximum

-Body: Tube chassis cars prohibited. Doors must open and close. No one piece front ends
-Lights: Not required
-Windows: Oem Glass or Lexan permitted
-Interior: Must have dashboard. Must conform with tack safety.
-Suspension: Wheelie bars strictly prohibited.
-Engine: No restrictions
-Transmission: Automatic and Manual transmissions are both permitted. Air/electric shifters are prohibited.
-Drive train: Aftermarket Rear ends, spools, ring and pinion, and axles are all permitted. IRS cars may have a Solid axle conversion.
-Fuel: Gasoline/Leaded Fuels, ethanol, methanol permitted. Alcohol prohibited
-Exhaust: No restrictions
-Tires: Limited to 26" X 8.5" Radials, Bias ply, and Slicks all permitted. “W” tires strictly prohibited.

Last but not least is the Outlaw class which is pretty much anything goes but you a limited to your tire size of 10.5

Outlaw 10.5 Class
-Pro Tree .400
-Heads up
-Must qualify to enter. 16 car field. Quickest of qualified cars will be chosen to fill 16 car field. From Qualifying passes names will be placed in a tournament bracket to begin eliminations. Eliminated participants are still free to make Passes Via test and Tune/Grudge. Odd number gets by run but still has to complete a pass
-All vehicles are limited to a 10.5" Tire Maximum

-Body: Tube chassis cars prohibited. Doors must open and close.
-Lights: Not required
-Windows: Oem Glass or Lexan permitted
-Interior: No interior required. Must conform with tack safety.
-Suspension: Wheelie bars strictly prohibited.
-Engine: No restrictions
-Transmission: Automatic and Manual transmissions are both permitted.
-Drive train: Aftermarket Rear ends, spools, ring and pinion, and axles are all permitted. IRS cars may have a Solid axle conversion.
-Fuel: Gasoline/Leaded Fuels, ethanol, methanol, and alcohol all permitted.
-Exhaust: No restrictions
-Tires: Limited to 28" X 10.5" Radials, Bias ply, and Slicks all permitted. “W” tires strictly prohibited.

Thanks for checking out MWSF hope to see you there!

Last edited by AngryEvo8; Jan 30, 2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Can't wait for this event! Excited to have an event so close to us and I'm sure it will be a huge turnout
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Can't wait for this event! Excited to have an event so close to us and I'm sure it will be a huge turnout
JukeBox ready to get a little Rowdy To many great events are hours away and not often enough. This should bring some variety to 2014.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
JukeBox ready to get a little Rowdy To many great events are hours away and not often enough. This should bring some variety to 2014.
I cant get onto the facebook link because i'm at work, but, unless I over looked it, where's this event at? I see you're from Joliet, i'm over here in Naperville.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiddsevo11
I cant get onto the facebook link because i'm at work, but, unless I over looked it, where's this event at? I see you're from Joliet, i'm over here in Naperville.
It's being held at Great Lakes Dragaway Union Grove Wisconsin.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

We would like to thank Boostin Performance for becoming one of the first sponsors for the event!!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 05:59 AM

This should be fun. Hopefully there isn't any races going on that day. I'll definently be there. Hopefully I get my evo And have the turbo kit on it by then
Old Jan 7, 2014, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
We will be sponsoring the event!! Cant wait!!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Junk Box is ready to get Rowdy my friend! This should be good and looking forward to having another event to add to this list this season
Old Jan 12, 2014, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Clocks will be off for Rowdy 85 and 10.5 outlaw for the grudge racing junkies. Streetcar class will remain clocks on. The date is also going to change. It Conflicts with a bracket series that was cancelled but is now happening again. I will keep everyone updated.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 09:31 PM

Another great weekend to go out and race. See how shes running maybe ill have some fun in the street class with the Evo.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Street class is going to be competitive. Love the drive to the track part. Has a twenty mile drive start spot been decided on? Just to make sure we have ample room to pull cars of trailers. I'd love to just drive it all the way up but want the sure way home after.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boosted200ser
Street class is going to be competitive. Love the drive to the track part. Has a twenty mile drive start spot been decided on? Just to make sure we have ample room to pull cars of trailers. I'd love to just drive it all the way up but want the sure way home after.
A route has not been Confirmed as of yet. The new set in stone date is July 26th.

Payouts are as followed for every class:

1st place -$1500
2nd place -$500
Old Jan 31, 2014, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Website is up! http://midweststreetfest.com/

Last edited by AngryEvo8; Jan 31, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Registration is now open for all classes! Available through the website.

Quick Reply: Midwest Street Fest A True Streetcar Event!