Notices

Amsoil DCT Fluid - Dia-Queen SSTF-I Equivalent

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsoil DCT Fluid - Dia-Queen SSTF-I Equivalent

Hey all, got an email from Amsoil today about their new DCT fluid. My '11 RA is at 30k miles, which I think is right about time to flush/change the SST for the first time. I've been procrastinating because of the astronomical Dia-Queen cost. Any thoughts on this new alternative?

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...?code=DCTQT-EA
Old Jul 18, 2016, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You have an expensive and finicky transmission. Use OEM fluid. It's really not that bad. 2 containers is about $300..
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't know a single experienced and reputable shop that does SST's that reccomends anything other than OEM. Fred beans parts had the best prices usually on diaqueen. I always wait till their 10% off sales and buy up a few cans even if i don't need it. I change my fluid 1-2 times a year (i track a lot), and so i always like to have a few cans on hand for when i need it.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
I don't know a single experienced and reputable shop that does SST's that reccomends anything other than OEM. Fred beans parts had the best prices usually on diaqueen. I always wait till their 10% off sales and buy up a few cans even if i don't need it. I change my fluid 1-2 times a year (i track a lot), and so i always like to have a few cans on hand for when i need it.
Fred bean internet site sadly doesn't accept online orders anymore /cry

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/

Was the best price for SST fluid for sure
Old Jul 22, 2016, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jamdread
Fred bean internet site sadly doesn't accept online orders anymore /cry

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/

Was the best price for SST fluid for sure
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealers outside of the USA in some countries use Castrol BOT 341.

People are going to say only use OEM, that the formula is different, everyone is going to have their opinion.

If you have access to OEM I would get that, or your next best option the BOT 341.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 06:09 AM

in our country we use Castrol Dual Trans Max и Motul DCTF
Old Aug 29, 2016, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
BOT341 and Transmax dual are both identical I believe. However neither is available in the USA. In the USA we have to use OEM from Mitsubishi.

I've given up trying to stop people from having to spend thousands to fix a transmission because they saved $100 on a fluid service. They don't listen, and I'll just fix it when they burn it up.
The following users liked this post:
LetsGetThisDone (Aug 30, 2016)
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I agree OEM has been the best but this is the first time AMSOIL has posted that they have a fluid for the SST. I always buy amsoil for everything else unless they recommend something else. I wonder if they made changes to the their DCT fluid and is now able to support the SST with no issues. It would be interesting to find out.

I was actually surprised to see the SST covered because I always buy oil from them and they never supported either the evo x manual or the SST.

I personally think amsoil products are better than the regular stuff you can buy out there. I wonder what we need to do to get this tested and see if amsoil can actually support the sst. I'm not about saving the $100 because even if amsoil cost the same I would go that route. Either way I would love to find out.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Diaqueen 90wt gear oil is better than Amsoil gear oil. Has higher EP additive content...lol. There motor oil is great, and I run their trans fluid because it shifts the best. But I don't run their gear oil. My car gets Diaqueen for that.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I just emailed amsoil to see what they say about how they came to recommending the DCT for the SST out of being curious.

I run diaqueen also. Amsoil don't have a recommended one for the evo x:

Differential REAR
Limited Slip Differential, AYC Dif. Mechanism....GLS27 All TEMPS....
No Recommendations
NOTES: (1) Mitsubishi Diamond Queen LSD Gear Oil.

Thats one thing I like about amsoil. They usually don't recommend their stuff unless they know it will work well. I can't wait to see their reply. My SST is already slowly starting to slip and have issues and I plan to upgrade it, hopefully next year. Maybe I can be the guinea pig for this. lol...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Diaqueen 90wt gear oil is better than Amsoil gear oil. Has higher EP additive content...lol. There motor oil is great, and I run their trans fluid because it shifts the best. But I don't run their gear oil. My car gets Diaqueen for that.
but red line is better on top of both of those

https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=146&pcid=9

looks like red line offers sst fluid, and lists Mitsubishi as compatible. honestly a big sign to me, as they are very, very particular in which OE fluids they are compatible with
Old Oct 19, 2016, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=146&pcid=9

looks like red line offers sst fluid, and lists Mitsubishi as compatible. honestly a big sign to me, as they are very, very particular in which OE fluids they are compatible with
Wow that's new too! Now how to test and compare before going in the trans!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuego
Wow that's new too! Now how to test and compare before going in the trans!
what I did when I tested gear oils was I sent in samples of virgin oil - fresh new oil that hadn't been used. sent in samples of red line, amsoil, and diaqueen - that will give you a rough estimate of what kind of additives each fluid uses. then I picked the one that was like OEM, but with more.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fuego
I agree OEM has been the best but this is the first time AMSOIL has posted that they have a fluid for the SST. I always buy amsoil for everything else unless they recommend something else. I wonder if they made changes to the their DCT fluid and is now able to support the SST with no issues. It would be interesting to find out.

I was actually surprised to see the SST covered because I always buy oil from them and they never supported either the evo x manual or the SST.

I personally think amsoil products are better than the regular stuff you can buy out there. I wonder what we need to do to get this tested and see if amsoil can actually support the sst. I'm not about saving the $100 because even if amsoil cost the same I would go that route. Either way I would love to find out.
My thoughts exactly. It's the first time a quality manufacturer explicitly listed compatibility (which opens them to a lot of liability). I always use Amsoil myself, but seeing Redline develop the same product is good news. Glad to see some open minded discussion.

Quick Reply: Amsoil DCT Fluid - Dia-Queen SSTF-I Equivalent