Notices

SST - Diff. Modes = Diff. Boost??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SST - Diff. Modes = Diff. Boost??

So I posted this up in the tuning section but didn't get any responses. I know a few X MR guys have already dyno'd their cars and looking for them to verify or disprove a statement in an article I read. Here's the statement:

"When each of these modes were tested, each yielded a different boost peak. Not only do the revs sit higher the further up the mode you go and the shifting become quicker, if not violent in the “super Sports” mode, but the ECU once again communicates to the SS-T and vice versa, so in “Normal” mode the boost peak was 1.3 bar, “Sports” peaked at 1.5 bar and “Super Sports” peaked at a surprising 1.8 bar which for a standard car really is amazing."

Here's the article:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/425...ide-the-evo-x/

DirectorSe7en, tlr9, IX2X, & bli8 - did you guys run the SST in different modes on the dyno to see if the boost was different?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 02:47 AM

that link doesnt work

edit: correct link
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/425...ide-the-evo-x/

Last edited by pegaso650; Aug 9, 2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

No, I just dyno'd my MR today and it put down similar whp and trque as another X MR that recently was dyno'd on the same mustang dyno. My car was dyno'd in super sport mode and the other was dyno'd in sport mode. Both were put over to manual and dyno'd in 4th gear.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 04:55 PM

dont make comparisons with different cars, there's just too many variables. no one car is the same. dyno YOUR car on all modes to see if theres a difference. i can feel just a touch more power on S-Sport but havent gotten a chance to get on a dyno.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

I totally missed this thread.

I will get my MR dyno'd (hopefully) this weekend in all 3 modes and see if anything changes.