Notices

HELP! My TC-SST is Freaking Out! Symptoms and Remedies...

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb HELP! My TC-SST is Freaking Out! Symptoms and Remedies...

There have been a number of threads I've see regarding odd behavior in the TC-SST. Some of these appear to have been genuine issues with the transmission, others not so. The intent of this thread is to document these behaviors with their cause/resolution to aid people in figuring out what they need to do to resolve with they are seeing...

1) I put the car in reverse, and it doesn't go anywhere. The "R" symbol on the MID is flashing.

Answer: According to the manual, if the transmission is unable to get into gear, it will lock-out, and flash the gear indicator in the MID. To resolve this, put the gear selector in "P" or "N", wait a few seconds, and move it back. Give the car a few moments to ensure that the appropriate gear is engaged.

2) I was driving up a hill (other times?) and the transmission seems to start slipping its gears. Afterward is seems as if I only have 2/4/6, and it will not go into 1/3/5.

Answer: When you take the car back to the dealer, they will most likely find a fault code with the MAF. According to Gunzo, their was a rash of bad MAFs in the early production Evo X. If the ECU is having issues communicating with the MAF, it will exhibit these symptoms with the TC-SST.

3) "Slow Down" is displayed on the MID.

4) "Service Required" is displayed on the MID.

5) After spirited driving in "Sport" mode, the car doesn't seem to want to downshift.

I'll add to this later...

Last edited by mrMTB; May 12, 2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old May 12, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

reserved for later use...
Old May 25, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

slow down is prob from driftin a lil. i slide out my back once in a while and everytime i do i get a car with swerved tire marks on my lil screen and then slow down. service required, i have a tune so mine says that sometimes, and sport mode will not shift unless ur 5k or more rpm, i recomend going into the techtronic mode and just doin it urself with the shift knob, i hate the paddles, everytime i turn i loose them
Old May 29, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Upgraded clutches, tranny cooler and fan from ssp fixes everything. That what it comes down to.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:09 PM

1.) Are you parking on a slight incline? Is it reproducible? Try putting the ebreak before putting the transmission in park. That should take some of the load off the transmission lockout.

2.) I'd take it to the dealer to look at it.