Notices

Philamthebest's SSP Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wow phil cant believe that only now do i see this thread of yours. good luck and hope to see your car soon.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:15 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
I don't know for a fact, (haven't talked to SSP yet) but the fins on the pan are there to help heat removal... for that you need air flow. So, I suspect that you either remove the undertray, or modify it to allow airflow to the transmission sump.

Keith
The reason I ask, is because the factory undertray has air ducts that go to the transmission for cooling. These do help keep temperatures reasonable. If the shallow pan + the undertray work together, it might be cooler than the deep pan without the factory under tray.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will have to find out... when the car comes back on friday i will give it a good drive and find out some answers to these questions.... :-) Just out of interest, how many people are thinking about SSP clutch packs?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:53 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I'll think about them once I hit at least 20k miles. I want to make sure my transmission and engine are good to go before I start hammering on them with upgrades completely voiding my warranty. Once I get my new turbo, I'll get the clutch pack at the same time. I'm also waiting for the public release of the TCU programming.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by philamthebest
I will have to find out... when the car comes back on friday i will give it a good drive and find out some answers to these questions.... :-) Just out of interest, how many people are thinking about SSP clutch packs?
Not Yet, as we really haven't found a way to increase clamp pressure to allow for 500whp @ this point. And it seems the stock clutch packs are holding at 390-400whp so...Im going to wait. I will however run the fluid, filter, pan, and cooler as a means to keep internal transmission temps down.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

I'm debating on pulling the trigger on the SSP kit this summer. Don't know if it would be better to wait for the TCU programing or not (of course it would be better, just don't know how long it will take). Depending on how things progress from now until then, I might just do the same as HR2L.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HR2L
Not Yet, as we really haven't found a way to increase clamp pressure to allow for 500whp @ this point. And it seems the stock clutch packs are holding at 390-400whp so...Im going to wait. I will however run the fluid, filter, pan, and cooler as a means to keep internal transmission temps down.
Who is running 400 WHP on a stock transmission MR???

Two different stories here "we can run 400 WHP stock" and "we can't run 500 WHP with upgrades"... witch one is it?

Keith
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:09 AM

subscribed!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:59 AM
Account Disabled

Keith
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...hp-91-oct.html

- Bryan
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Two different stories here "we can run 400 WHP stock" and "we can't run 500 WHP with upgrades"... witch one is it?

Keith
I know of a couple of MR's running around 420hp... ridiculous i know but amazing.... Now we can run even more....
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:51 PM

wow, i'm glad I found this thread...great info.

is the decoupling issue only occurring for those of you with upgraded turbos? would an OTS stage 2 map/mods (i.e. Cobb, etc) not make enough power for this to occur if the stock torque tables were unaltered?

i was having doubts about even going to stage 2 with this tranny, but it sounds like you guys are way ahead of the game! i'll consider the SSP clutch packs for sure.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bob W.
wow, i'm glad I found this thread...great info.

is the decoupling issue only occurring for those of you with upgraded turbos? would an OTS stage 2 map/mods (i.e. Cobb, etc) not make enough power for this to occur if the stock torque tables were unaltered?

i was having doubts about even going to stage 2 with this tranny, but it sounds like you guys are way ahead of the game! i'll consider the SSP clutch packs for sure.
I had my clutches open on me once when I was running Cobb stage2+aem. Since Bryan@GST has tuned the sst tables I haven't had a single issue with clutch slippage. I'm running completely stock transmission hardware wise. I am holding off on upgrades until more real data is available.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

I'm def thinking about clutches for the Ralli as I want a CBRD BB-X and Cosworth cams. I just wanna see if these clutches can hold over 400 or if thats what I'll be limited to.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Did you get your car back phil? How did it all go?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
There are torque limit tables for the SST in the ECU (not to be confused with the engine airflow/torque limit tables).

I've seen the clutch packs open on the dyno. Upping these tables accordingly stop this from happening. If this is the same car I am thinking, the tables where stock at the time.

There are also clutch A/B clamp tables in the ECU as well as a couple other tables and I am sure others that have not been found yet.

- Bryan
i still wonder how come cobb plano has a 407tq and no codes at all until now. even during dyno tune it should.... do they tune MR differently?

Quick Reply: Philamthebest's SSP Rebuild