Notices

Car rocks back and forth

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car rocks back and forth

Hey guys,
I have a 2014 Ralliart, totally stock except a k&n drop in filter. Ever since I got the car occasionally on startup it rocks back and forth. Sometimes it's more pronounced like a jerk forward and back and other times it just rocks. It seems to be totally random and intermittent happens when I turn it off and turn it back on in an hour and happens on cold start. The transmission has also started making this whoopwhoop whirring noise while driving. Anybody have any similar experiences and what was causing it? I already changed the fluid and the filter. There are 8000kms (5000 miles) on the car.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The rocking and occasional clunking is pretty normal. Not sure how to interpret the whoopwhoop whirring. You state you did a fluid change. If you did not use OEM fluid (p/n C0002610) then there is your noise. The failure rate of the SST when put on non OEM fluid is off the charts. It is very very picky about fluid. If you are on OEM fluid, then do the following:

While the car is still mostly stock, and under warranty, bring the car to the dealer and complain about the noise. Make sure you get a work order or repair order for diagnosis. The Service Writer should has a detailed interview they need to fill out. Make sure he does it. This will get the problem noted in your service history. If the problem gets worse, bring it back again. The purpose here is to have the problem on record should the transmission fail later.

All that aside, what you are describing is pretty common.