Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Rallycross in CANADA

Old Dec 18, 2001, 07:09 PM
HOK
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rallycross in CANADA

Check us out in the Great White North...

I'm the guy with the pink "i" who cares...

http://www.morison.ca/rallyx2
Old Dec 19, 2001, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Can't see one pink "i", whatever that means... looks like you guys need to get some real rallicars....only two scoobies, and an MR2!!!!
Old Dec 19, 2001, 06:11 PM
HOK
Evolving Member

http://www.morison.ca/rallyx2/pages/DECRALLX2.htm

thats me.. see the pink "i" badge on the front...

theres more pictures here

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=39238568203&n=255473847

what do you mean "REAL" rally cars... man you come off as pretty rude.. this is an amateur rallycross not some FIA sanctioned event... and just for you info there is a Canadian RALLY car with 400hp and the FIA is looking to bring an event over to Canada... so... please... either do some more research or just don't comment...

btw my car is as rally car as a street car can get... 300hp and everything... tho i am one of the few here in calgary...:soapbox:
Old Dec 20, 2001, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

what do you mean "REAL" rally cars... man you come off as pretty rude.. this is an amateur rallycross not some FIA sanctioned event... and just for you info there is a Canadian RALLY car with 400hp and the FIA is looking to bring an event over to Canada... so... please... either do some more research or just don't comment...

there wasn't much logic in your statement was there?? What is that "do some more research or just don't comment"?? I don't need to more reasearch to find out that an MR2 ain't a rally car. What canadian RALLY car is there?? Of course some people rally their cars, everywhere in the world that really doesn't make 400bhp special. There's 800 bhp rallycrosscars everywhere...
Listen, I didn't mean to be rude just stated the obvious, but if you want to pick a fight, be my guest....
Old Dec 20, 2001, 01:54 PM
HOK
Evolving Member

YOU picked the fight... "looks like you guys need to get some real rallicars"

Those guys are just trying to learn... and don;t have to purchase an AWD turbo car.. necessarily... and these are just like weekend warrior type things... i really don't find people like you criticizing them just because of their car is really worth saying anything at all... (i beleive they know its not a purpose built RALLY car) if you can say something nice then don't say anything at all.." yunno how the saying goes.... and i thought you hinted that us Canadians don't have "REAL" rally cars... i was just telling you we have a 400hp subaru that won the canadian rally this year... new age shell... WRC specs and everything.... Tom Mcgeer
I meant do your research as in us Canadians...

I'm not picking fights... just that i get edgy when people are bumming on my bros... hehe cause i gots a rally car and they don't...
Old Dec 22, 2001, 12:04 AM

Cool! How often do the events run in Calgary? Can you run what ya bring?

I'm from Edmonton, and although there are a few events in the summer - the area is small with little opportunity for opening things up.

Let me know how the situation is in Cow Town
Old Dec 22, 2001, 01:45 AM
HOK
Evolving Member

yo DUDE!!! theres more up there in Edmonton for rally crosses.... there is like a club where they go to some warehouse and rally around the area... sounds good.. but yes rally with anything you want... just needs to pass inspections and such... see what i can find for you
Old Dec 22, 2001, 09:43 AM

I would appreciate it.

The two things I know of in Edmonton is one at a Tire warehouse (St Albert). I havent seen any runs, but the car park they run in is very small. Not much room.

THe second one is on one of the Canadian Forcaes bases. I am told this is much better - but I missed the last event of the year, so I am in wait mode.

Let me know if you have any web sites for this.