Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

got the new hotrod fresh off a 747 ..... *pics* and vid!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh god my pants...i love the porsche styling like that model and the 911turbo. i can only dream of driving something like that, would love to experience the power, and im curious what its like to drive a car like that on a track.......thats the stuff dreams are made of
Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

I would be interested in a trade for a (good condtion cup car). I want a cup car by next season and I dont feel like selling first then buying second. Maybe some team owner would be interested...

Maybe I should post a trade on rennlist.com?

Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome. I'm for hire for endurance events........
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
Or you can buy this one its for sale

Ill take it! Plus it already has kacework stickers on it
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
haha... dont get close to my junk with any of those STikiller.com stickers...... i already have to peal the one off the back of my STi...........

its not quite a STi killer.. needs more HP and bigger tires.......... but its DEFINATLY gona have some EVOkiller.com stickers on it
More HP.....

Is Pat Williams doing your motor?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dsmythe2
More HP.....

Is Pat Williams doing your motor?

naw it was a joke.. saying it needs more hp and bigger tires to beat a sti....
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kingkyle
I would be interested in a trade for a (good condtion cup car). I want a cup car by next season and I dont feel like selling first then buying second. Maybe some team owner would be interested...

Maybe I should post a trade on rennlist.com?

you can try... but honestly i dont think anyone with a cupcar would trade you.......
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:51 PM
Account Disabled

you can try... but honestly i dont think anyone with a cupcar would trade you.......
True, someone selling their cup car wouldnt want something they can't race... I guess I'll have to wait - sell - buy - race. Wish i could skip some steps.

Leh, with your experience I would like some advice. I want to get into self funded racing. There are many factory made race cars out there.. cup car, viper comp coupe, new mustang and so on. What factory based race car would have the widest range of racing to enter? My guess is the porsche cup car. World challenge, Grand-Am cup, PCA events and most levels of club racing. Let me know if im on the wrong track.

Price range around 120k

Thanks...

Last edited by kingkyle; Dec 8, 2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:21 PM
Former Sponsor

definatly the cup car.... not only is it the nicest and most reliable of yoru choices.. you can race it in all types of events.. the best would be PCA club races.... thats what i started out doing and at the big races you will always have someone to race with and to make you better...... at the sebring club race this past year there were 35 996 cup cars... runnin up front were robin liddel and wolf henzler and about 15 seconds slower a lap were the guys rounding up the rear....... and in there somewhere were 31 cup cars to race with... so def a cup car and do PCA races...... lots of fun and good competition
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

What's with all the fuggin' frogs???
Old Dec 9, 2005, 05:46 AM
Account Disabled

definatly the cup car.... not only is it the nicest and most reliable of yoru choices.. you can race it in all types of events.. the best would be PCA club races.... thats what i started out doing and at the big races you will always have someone to race with and to make you better...... at the sebring club race this past year there were 35 996 cup cars... runnin up front were robin liddel and wolf henzler and about 15 seconds slower a lap were the guys rounding up the rear....... and in there somewhere were 31 cup cars to race with... so def a cup car and do PCA races...... lots of fun and good competition
Great info thanks! Now where is the best place to look for one of these? I found some on race-cars.com and other places like rennlist.com and some teams have a for sale section on their site. Is there a year to stay away from? And whats the price and hours you get out of a fresh motor?
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - that's a good day; racing with Wolf and Liddel
Old Dec 9, 2005, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kingkyle
Great info thanks! Now where is the best place to look for one of these? I found some on race-cars.com and other places like rennlist.com and some teams have a for sale section on their site. Is there a year to stay away from? And whats the price and hours you get out of a fresh motor?

yea sounds like your looking in the right places.... yeah you atleast want a 03... 04-05s are the best ones to get tho.... 04-05s are a couple tenths faster then 03s and around a second faster then 02s.... anything below 02 you dont want to even look at.........

"fresh" can meen alot of dif things..... if you find one PM it to me and i will take a look at it, i know alot of dif cars and might know the car... right now should be a hot time because alot of guys are gettins the 7s... but only teh guys who race in grand-am and stuff... not sure about IMSA supercup series... but if those guys get the 7s too.. there will be alot of nice 6s up for sale shortly....

i have seen motors with 100+ hours still making good HP.... but anything over 50hours you prob would want to stay away from.. but you shoulndt have to worry about that if its a 04-05 car

Last edited by kingleh@GSC; Dec 9, 2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

pics back up

]

Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

naw it was a joke.. saying it needs more hp and bigger tires to beat a sti....
I was being serious. Pat is factory trained for RSR program motors-he's been with Buckler, Peterson White Lightning ('01 Daytona GT winner), and I think the Mortimer/Hupfer Grand Am car.

If you ever need a 911 motor man, he's definitely the guy to call. I've personally watched him change a broken rocker arm with the engine in the car, in the dark at a PCA event.

Shameless plug:

http://www.patwilliamsracing.com/aboutpwr.htm

Last edited by dsmythe2; Dec 9, 2005 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: got the new hotrod fresh off a 747 ..... *pics* and vid!!