Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2007 WRC Race Recap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking forward to see video of todays Rally. Please if anyone finds a link to the coverage today post it.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:23 AM
Evolving Member

I just looked at the results on motorsport.com!
If you pay you can watch live videos on wrc.com
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

wow fantastic news guys!!! thats amazing totally unexpected... as soon as i get the video and watch the race i'll post the recap for you guys!!
Old Feb 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Gardmeister screewed up the second day. He's on 8th. place and almost 4 minutes behind Gronholm!
Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

He ended up 6th. at the end! The 50 second penalty cost him one place!
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

ok guys i got day 1 and 2 so i'll be posting something up soon just need to get my clutch installed tomorrow so if i have some time i'll start then... but the race is great so far!!
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Round 2 - Sweden WRC 2007

From the fabulous Monte Carlo we move north to the fridged lands of Sweden! Plenty of ice and snow are expected here like every year and these 18 stages will be fast and very cold. We begin the 1st day with with a Super Special Stage where in a suppreise run Gardemeister takes 1st place! This young Fin shows the rest of the world that he has what it takes and he will be someone to contend with for the this Swedish round. Along side of Gardemeister we find Gronholm just 0.5 secs off his pace and P. Solberg 0.6 secs further behind in 3rd. Loeb after the 1st stage is no where to be found. Do to an early stall he finds himself in 20th! A costly mistake for the frenchmen but not soon after he makes up time lost and is back in the leader board. The first stages times are set by a supprising Peter Solberg who has found a renewed strength for this 07 season. Unfortunatly last years run of bad luck doesn't seem to have left him just yet. Early on day 2 a mistake found him into the thick snow without a chance of freeing himself. He retiers with hopes of better luck in next the round. Gronholm has stepped up to take the lead after Solbergs retirement and never looked back from there. Gronholms impressive record on snow and ice sets him in a class of his own, but Loeb was determined not to loose to the Fin this time around! But as he soon will find out, as he mentions later on "[Gronholm] is always right here in Sweden". Gardemeister who held the lead for stage 1 and was fighting for 3rd, found himself with drive shaft problems and was forced to retire. Hirvonens best in Sweden has been 9th but this year the young driver has set his mind to beating that record and pick a podium position. With Daniel Sordo out for this round Ford has a chance to make up for some points lost on round 1.

Last edited by navypaul; Feb 19, 2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for the links.
Does anyone have the link for the 600whp rally evo?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 08:35 AM
Account Disabled

great find
Old Feb 16, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Good video as usual. I wish we can get Eurosport here in the states!
This weekend's event is in Norway, here are the first leg's results:
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=243609&FS=WRC
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Round 3 - Norway

Snow snow and more snow! Escaping the cold lands of Sweden only to enter the even harsher elements in Norway where the drivers will be faced with an all new rally. Aside from the 2 Solberg brothers none of the other drivers have any experiance with this Norway round. The stages are all new with plenty of fast, bumpy and tight twists to tame.

Day 1

We get started with S. Loeb early on Friday morning where the dim lights of the stage require the massive auxiliary fog lights to come out. The frenchmen however is not on his best pace as he stumbels in a few spots along the stage. Surely being 1st and having the duty of being a sweeper does not help. Shortly after, long time rival M. Gronholm is off. With a win in last rounds Sweden he is the favorite here in Norway. In superb form the Fin compleats the stage 6.2 secs ahead of Loeb, no supprise there! Big supprise however is the spilts between Marcus and Miko. The young Ford driver is well ahead of Gronholm on the 1st stage takeing 1st place with 11.2 secs between them. But where are the favored Solberg brothers?! Their pace unfortunatly coulden't match the top leaders and they find themselves down in 6th and 7th. Down the leader board we also find crowd favorit Gigi Galli who is back in spectacular form but his fast pace is incoherint and moves up and down all day fighting for 4th - 6th. Inversly Miko seems he can't make a wrong choice. The following stages see him further pull away from Marcus and Sebestian putting more time between them, but by the end of the day the distance drops down to 15 secs on Marcus and 17 secs on Sebastian.

Day 2

As day 2 begins, Loebs bad form hasn't been shaken off just yet. Further mistakes see him slowly slip away from 1st as Hirvonen pushes on. But the time between Gronholm and Loeb continues to vary. The high snow banks and bumpy fast surface continue to see many offs and positions continue to jump. Galli who reached a highest position of 4th will find himself at the end of the day in 7th. But the biggest upset will be Loebs collossal mistake towards the end of day 2 where his off causes a massive 8mins lost dropping him to 11th! It seem now that placing on a podium for the Citroen team is now only but a dream.

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

than you for the update
when is mitsubishi testing the new 2008 model?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

not sure i know they are racing in limited events this year but i don't know for sure which rounds they are going to be in... hopefully it will be soon... i'm excited to see them and the new suzuki as well!!
Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

omg i am so excited this is the worset i've ever seen Loeb do!!! hahahaha i can't wait till he looses this yeaqr!!!! the citroen team took a whopping blow this weekend lol!! go ford!!!!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by navypaul
omg i am so excited this is the worset i've ever seen Loeb do!!! hahahaha i can't wait till he looses this yeaqr!!!! the citroen team took a whopping blow this weekend lol!! go ford!!!!
I'll all for Grunholm/Ford but I want the championship to be close all the way till the last round. To be honest, I'd be most stoked if Hirvonen won a few more.

Quick Reply: 2007 WRC Race Recap