Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2007 RallyX National Championship

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 RallyX National Championship

October 26th - 28th in Hastings Nebraska at Motorsports Park Hastings (MPH).

Event info: http://www.scca.com/event.aspx?hub=2&event=5645

This should be really fun, George Anderson is always a great host for the event -- if you've never hot lapped a race track in a bus, it's something you should do.

Paul Eklund is registered in my class, and he teaches Rally and RallyX schools (http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm), so I have a feeling it's going to be a very humbling experience, but still interesting to see how I compare.

Hoping maybe we can get some more Evos at this event!

Here's the car I'll be bringing to Hastings:

Old Oct 3, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Nice to see that RS getting some proper use. I would be interested in hearing how that Wilwood brake setup is working out as I was thinking of purchasing it myself. Anything to get Rally rims over the brakes.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

This is my second season on the Wilwood setup which is very similar to the kit sold by AMS. I had mine made by Precision Brakes and about the only difference is I'm running 32mm and I think the AMS kit uses 28mm discs. If AMS would've had their kit out at the time, I would've bought it instead.

The 298mm discs w/ 1.75" pistons feels much different than OEM, it has much less of an off/on feel, and is much easier to modulate. I'm just running the Wilwood "Q" street pads since RallyX isn't very braking intensive. You can still lock the front wheels on pavement with the sticky A046's, so there's still pretty good torque there.

Depending on what gravel wheel you choose, you may end up having to run spacers. The lower control arm of the front suspension really limits the rotor offset, so I ran into clearance problems with the caliper and where the inside diameter of the wheel lips down to create the space for the valve stem. I ended up getting 10mm spacers and running longer wheel studs. The wheels by the way are 15x7 with a 35mm offset Enkei ES-Gravel which are no longer in production.

Here's a better pic of the brakes:

On the OEM wheels which makes it easier to see:

On the gravel wheels:

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Nice!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

****, when did they take the Enkei's out of production? thanks for all the info though, very helpful.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Makkinen II
****, when did they take the Enkei's out of production? thanks for all the info though, very helpful.
I'm not quite sure, but the ES-Gravel has a replacement from Enkei, the RC-G4. You can take a look at them here:

http://www.rallispec.com/prod_wheel.htm