Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Mounting a race seat (Buddy Club vs. Bride seat rails)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Mounting a race seat (Buddy Club vs. Bride seat rails)

Has anyone compared these two side-mount seat rails to see which allows the seat to be positioned lower? I have the Bride rails with my Sparco Pro2000 and I'd like to mount it just a little lower, if possible. I'm just wondering if the Buddy Clubs might allow a lower position. Are there any other bolt-in solutions that I'm not aware of for a side mount seat?

Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry i dont have any info for u on the brackets, but im wondering if it was difficult to install the seats urself? what tools did u need?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

What did Chad use for his rails?

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Has anyone compared these two side-mount seat rails to see which allows the seat to be positioned lower? I have the Bride rails with my Sparco Pro2000 and I'd like to mount it just a little lower, if possible. I'm just wondering if the Buddy Clubs might allow a lower position. Are there any other bolt-in solutions that I'm not aware of for a side mount seat?

Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by 59EVO
What did Chad use for his rails?
Chad has Buddy Clubs. Maybe I need to take some measurements. Much easier to just post questions on EvoM
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Forget rails. Bolt it to the floor. You need to be as low as possible.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Forget rails. Bolt it to the floor. You need to be as low as possible.
DO IT!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Rich I will try and snap some pictures to show you how I mounted my race seats in the car. They are basically on the floor as low as possible. Here is a pic that I have, but you can see the bracket, but it will give you an idea of how low the seat is.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent thread. I have been wondering the same thing. I understand that having just side mount brackets is ideal for most race cars, but I am still interested in a slider for the following reasons:

-Some race classes require minimum seat weights (25lbs in my case) inclusing brackets/slider, and I don't think the seats I am interested in and side mounts alone will meet the minimum
-I am pretty short and sit very far forward while racing, but the car is also my daily driver and optimal race position is not necessarily the same as optima street position
-Other taller people may need to drive my car at some point, and a slider is the only easy way to allow for this.

That being said, some people have said the Buddy Club slider is not as nice as the Bride. The Bride FO is the lowest slider, but from what I can tell is no available for all car models due to chassis floor design, so the less-low but still low FG is available.
The Buddy Club slider rail seems to be about $50 less than the Bride.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Correction: it seems that both FO and FG rails are available for our cars, and also Nagisa auto makes some nice looking sliders, with a price similar to the Bride's maybe a little less.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've seen the bride brackets and they are nowhere near low. They use the same amount of rise as the factory brackets, about 1.5 inches. Any lowness comes from the seat itself versus say a stock seat.

I built a custom fixed base for my Sparco using my lowering brackets as the first piece. This seat is LOW!

I don't think you can mount a seat any lower unless you move it back behind the raised chassis area, which would require the pedals and wheel to move back as well.

Last edited by jid2; Jun 24, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

That looks pretty low, especially for a bottom- mount seat. I can't tell from the picture, but is that as low as a side-mount setup, or could side mount help you get lower??
Old Jun 24, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's as low as you can get in that seating position(with respect to the pedals, front to back).

The bottom front edge of the seat is basically on the raised chassis support. Even with side mounts when the bottom hits the chassis you are as low as you can go.

It took a little getting used to, even coming from my already lowered Recaros. I'd guess that it's 3 inches lower than the stock seats on stock brackets.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting, thanks for the info. Btw i'm enjoying your product development jerrod (name sp?).
I am 5'6" to 5' 7" and my main complaint abou the stock Recaro is:
1- The bolster broke. Still usable but now its floppy and clicks on hard lefts
2- I can fit all 4 of my fingers of one hand vertically between the front edge of the seat cushion and under my leg.
3- Not enough side bolster leg supoprt.

So I was thinking about using your brackets, but am also considering an aftermarket seat. I had written off bottom-moun seats but will keep your setup in mind.

I know low is desirable, but I don't wan to be TOO low since I am on the short side and the Evo is also my DD.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

I just bought an older Recaro race bucket since my stock driver seat _broke_.
Now I am looking for good sliding rails for it. Bride seem pretty popular, then I am seeing Buddy Club and Nagisa Auto ones too. The Nagiso one only locks on one side, which is less than ideal IMO, and two other people have said the Buddy Club "sucks d*ck" and is too high.
Anyone here have any experience with any of these sliding rails?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hokiruu
I just bought an older Recaro race bucket since my stock driver seat _broke_.
Now I am looking for good sliding rails for it. Bride seem pretty popular, then I am seeing Buddy Club and Nagisa Auto ones too. The Nagiso one only locks on one side, which is less than ideal IMO, and two other people have said the Buddy Club "sucks d*ck" and is too high.
Anyone here have any experience with any of these sliding rails?
Get Recaro sliders and a seat base. Sublime makes a nice seat base and it's about as low as you can go. Just measure what centers the sliders are on, and the base can be fabricated to fit. I'm using these seat bases, just without sliders.

Here's a thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=179674

Mike @ Sublime has made quite a few sets of these, he even has a jig, so if you talk to him he can definitely tell you all you need to know.

Quick Reply: Mounting a race seat (Buddy Club vs. Bride seat rails)