Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

AMS Sponsored Evo X sets Track Record @ Road America!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluestreak
Awesome driving, and that's one beautiful EVO. Looks forward to seeing you at Road Atlanta next weekend. Your first time down this way???
Thanks! Come say hi! My first time at Road Atlanta, should be fun!
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Good job dude! Someday I'll make the pilgrimage to Road America! So far I've only driven it in the virtual world (Forza2 on the Xbox 360 Stock EVO8 stock tires best lap time of 2:29) As for the Engine Fuse blowing out check for an electrical short on the rear or front O2 sensors.
Road America is awesome, definitely a very daunting track, pics/vids don't do it justice. Damn you must be amazing! That was stock too? Damn....
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
that is freaking awesome, congrats dude...
Thanks man!
Originally Posted by razorlab
Congrats Ryan, looking good!
Thanks Bryan, hope to catch up with you soon, would be nice to see all of that crew again.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

I live 8 minutes from the track, most times I drive up there, slicked up and all, but I think I'll take my trailor because it will be extra packed and I need somwhere to park from day to day.

Watch lots of video and if you need any track notes, let me know, I'll be running TTU and needless to say Road Atlanta is my favorite and most well versed track.

I think the TTA record could dip into the high 1:30's this year at RA, which it really should be, and judging by your time at Road America, you could have you two lap records in a short period of time.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

I live 8 minutes from the track, most times I drive up there, slicked up and all, but I think I'll take my trailor because it will be extra packed and I need somwhere to park from day to day.

Watch lots of video and if you need any track notes, let me know, I'll be running TTU and needless to say Road Atlanta is my favorite and most well versed track.

I think the TTA record could dip into the high 1:30's this year at RA, which it really should be, and judging by your time at Road America, you could have you two lap records in a short period of time.
Awesome, I'd love some tips on the track, anything would be helpful. I'm gonna head out to the Test n Tune on Friday to get some extra time in.

I don't know about the record, I'll be running Neova's most of the weekend because I am there to qualify for the Super Lap Battle, in Street class. If I secure a spot, I'll throw the other wheels/tires on to see what happens See ya there!

Ryan
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

P.M me your email address and i'll send you some info.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

P.M me your email address and i'll send you some info.
PM'd!
Old Aug 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackTrack
Road America is awesome, definitely a very daunting track, pics/vids don't do it justice. Damn you must be amazing! That was stock too? Damn....
If only virtual racing with all the realism settings ON = real life. No way I could do that in real life as there is no reset button and the danger is real.

It was good to see your video and be able to recognize all the corners, straights and landmarks. Is it possible to take the high speed corner after the big sweeper flat out? Even in the game that corner is scary ...
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
If only virtual racing with all the realism settings ON = real life. No way I could do that in real life as there is no reset button and the danger is real.

It was good to see your video and be able to recognize all the corners, straights and landmarks. Is it possible to take the high speed corner after the big sweeper flat out? Even in the game that corner is scary ...
I cant take the Kink flat out, maybe with some aero it'd be doable. I hit it at 115 tho, which is pretty fast for NT-01's and no aero. The Kink is THE most dangerous corner in the country, if you F up, you're done.