Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SUBARU pulls out of WRC raing entirely.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the problem with group B was not having the surrounding technology to harness the power the car's were making. Engine advancements jumped too far ahead of suspension/drivetrain tech.

Group A cars made up for lack of HP with the amazing technology in other fields which made the car's scary fast as well. That much tech comes at a staggering cost which has obviosly taken it's toll on current manufacturers. I am of the opinion that the S2000 regs are the absolute death of WRC as we know it and I hope group N gains in popularity because of it.

Group N lacks big power and transmissions that cost as much as my house but they have alot of what made Group A cool. Road car's doing extraordinary things. Group N suspension systems are phenomenal and if you wanted to, you could go out a buy a set just like what they're running, IMO that's pretty cool and is the tech that I hope continues to filter down to enthusiasts even as the racing world is in a difficult spot for a bit to come.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Er, oops.... my error.... When I was saying group n, I was refering to group a. D'oh!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

According to wikipedia, the last car homologated as group A was the lancer VI. The current cars run as the World Rally Car class. If it was strictly group a, they wouldn't be racing the cars they currently do.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:43 AM

Sucks...