Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Seats Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seats Question

I think this is the best place to post this to get the best answers...

I used to have a set of Sparco Torino 2 seats and have recently sold them. They were blue and now i am set on getting red seats.

My question is in regards to non recliners. I am thinking of getting some street non recliners for my car. I do not daily this car and it is technically far away from being considered a street car. I do drive it every now and then.

Other than not being able to recline how comfortable are these type of seats? Would driving an hour or two (if going to an event or to the track) cause any discomfort.

Car isn't a track car but will prob end up there soon if i continue the way i've been going so is there any reason to not get non recliners?

p.s. i prob answered by own question already just looking for opinions and feedback.
Preferably positive.

Car:
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Try to find a place that has many in stock and sit in them -
Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The correct fixed back seat is totally comfortable. You just need to find one that you like, by sitting in it! Find a local race shop and try some out.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having good mounting rails with height/angle adjustment are also key. Once you get the seat installed in a way that's comfortable enough for you overall, you'll find that most fixed-back seats are VERY comfortable. The Recaro SPG I used to have had tons of soft padding. I actually prefer that to just about every reclinable stock seat, factory Recaros included.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks.

I am leaning towards the Sparco Speed 2's.

Seem to be similar size to the Torino's 2's and lighter (not that i really care but it sounds good).

I'll post after i install them. Thanks again.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Jid2 said, there are several seats out there that will be comfortable, depends on how you fit them. Personal recommendation after using a a dozen or so seats are the Racetech seats. I have yet to have one person not to say they love them after sitting in them or going on the track with me. Very comfortable, light, FIA approved. I have driven in these seats for 15+ hours driving to track events. If you have any questions on seats in general, you can pm me and I'd be happy to help you out