Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

1st win for the X

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:56 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
1st win for the X

I've run 2 years in an Audi TT, with my best finish being 12th in PAX. When I picked up my X last year, I auto-x'd it with the dealer plates on after a long drive back from South Coast. I finished 16th, and had to park it for the winter. This year's opener was a short 40 second track, and running on pretty bald yoko's (6.5k miles), I managed to pull out my first win in overall PAX. I'm bone stock with only camber adjustment and a k&n drop in filter, so obviously I'm a little behind the 8 ball in STU, but after getting some seat time in the X, it feels so much better on the course.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the car, and I'm excited to see what will happen with a new suspension (I've got crazy body roll on the stock gsr suspension) and some star specs.

Special thanks to Goofy Grin for the camber advice!

If you're interested in seeing the results, here's a link. You have to go to event results --> event results --> Pax Results 3/21/09

Long story short - I was .8 seconds faster than 2nd place after Pax adjustment.

http://eisccax.com/
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done keep flying the flag