Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

redline las vegas pics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
So what is the unofficial story with Gates car?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ The motor crapped out, damage to a piston - that was the track side summary. I'm sure AMS will be looking into it. Sucks.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about Nils return (Evo & NSX)?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Nils got 2nd in the EVO in MOD AWD, just got edged by a well set-up Suby.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeahhh Nils.

Was he still driving the Robi customer car?

That's a shame about Ryan Gates, 2 motors in a month!

Scorke
Old Apr 27, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

^edged out by dirty trickery.... nils woulda (new not rotted tires) put a hurt on in the second session however that particular suby decided to put 2 off in every corner including the high speed sweepers that you dont even come close to leaving the track surface if your on the race line.
So basically everybody saw it, it took 1 1/2 hours to clean up the douchebaggery, they let nils rerun due to the before said shenanigans and then the transmission wouldnt go to 4th which is where 70 percent of the track is used.
Nils got the short end of the stick because someone was playing dirty.
Redline should have black flagged the Subaru in question after there where dust clouds at every corner on the warm up lap.
They just imposed a rule after the fact that if this is done again you will be DQ'd from the whole event.
Its uber BS, they were expecting the super mod guys to go out and play in it.... in which case Rado spun at 130+ and Matt Andrews deemed the surface unsafe.
FXMD then went out with there crew and started sweeping the corners... needless to say there where issues.
Moral of the story dont be a douche and ruin an event for hundreds of people (including the many if not hundreds of spectators that where waiting to see the Super session that got canceled) and take a loss like a man.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Yeahhh Nils.

Was he still driving the Robi customer car?

That's a shame about Ryan Gates, 2 motors in a month!

Scorke
Nils had his car back as well, finally!

Does suck big time for Ryan, but he sure does seem to have the money to throw back at it.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jid2
^^^ The motor crapped out, damage to a piston - that was the track side summary. I'm sure AMS will be looking into it. Sucks.
they actually dont know what the damage to the piston is. they lost compression in a pistion after the crank pressure built up and warped the oil pan. I know ryan is in transit back to AMS.. so I am positive there will be a full write up of what failed later this week.

I got to meet ryan gates for the first time saturday and he was very upset that he wasnt able to compete. He did tell me that the car was scary fast during pratice lol. Ryan is a great guy and will have the car running perfectly before the next event. He said they would get some testing in before taking it out again.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Cutting every corner is very douchy - that's lame. But if they didn't say don't do it before hand anything is fair game to leverage for a win; that's racing. But it's too bad it spoiled the day for everyone. They should have cleaned up and made him re-run for his official time.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by jid2
Cutting every corner is very douchy - that's lame. But if they didn't say don't do it before hand anything is fair game to leverage for a win; that's racing. But it's too bad it spoiled the day for everyone. They should have cleaned up and made him re-run for his official time.
lol... are you joking?

Does the rulebook actually need to specifiy that a driver shouldn't intentionally sabotage another competitor's race? Does it need to include rules against putting sugar in their gas tanks too? Or letting the air out of their tires while on grid?

It is called unsportsman like conduct and it is frowned upon in ALL sports.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bchappy
Moral of the story dont be a douche and ruin an event for hundreds of people (including the many if not hundreds of spectators that where waiting to see the Super session that got canceled) and take a loss like a man.

Moral of the story is in motorsports everybody find's a way to bend the rules until they are re-written because somebody gets away with something

Part of the territory, unfortunate but part of the territory!!!!

Scorke
Old Apr 27, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

that looks like an awesome time and awesome group of cars!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Why doesn't redline actually update the results of the session on their site. I can't find an info on the final results other then bits of info from this thread. wwwaahhh
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sure they will update it this week.. but that are all traveling this week t the next race.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 596736
Why doesn't redline actually update the results of the session on their site. I can't find an info on the final results other then bits of info from this thread. wwwaahhh
Goto their website and scroll down to the bottom right for results.

Originally Posted by Gexxer
I'm sure they will update it this week.. but that are all traveling this week t the next race.
I doubt that; next event is 5 weeks away at the end of May.

Quick Reply: redline las vegas pics