Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

My Gymkhana Grid Video & a neat pic

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are Gymkhana's timed? Are they graded on spins/style/etc.? I see AutoX crossed with drifting. Are these events common out west?

What kind of tires do the serious Gymkhana drivers use? In a 330whp Evo, I would think that you would need poor gripping all-season tire. Maybe 225's? I'm sure that it would still be torture on the drivetrain. Looks like a good way to enjoy a 500whp+

OP, looked like fun, I would go torture my tires and E-Brake if I had the opportunity.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RS
Are Gymkhana's timed? Are they graded on spins/style/etc.? I see AutoX crossed with drifting. Are these events common out west?

What kind of tires do the serious Gymkhana drivers use? In a 330whp Evo, I would think that you would need poor gripping all-season tire. Maybe 225's? I'm sure that it would still be torture on the drivetrain. Looks like a good way to enjoy a 500whp+

OP, looked like fun, I would go torture my tires and E-Brake if I had the opportunity.

yes its timed, but you have to complete the course correctly; meaning you must slide, drift, have angles on entrance and exit, etc. this was the first event in the US. The next event will be at Irwindale, CA on Dec 4th. It is invite only to participate.

street tires are best. Dunlop Star Spec Direzzas are good. if you have enough power you can break em lose haha

hope that helped