Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

The brotha's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2002, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't mind if McRae joined the Mitsubishi team. It would be pretty sweet to see the brothers tearin up the WRC driving twin EVO's. After reading that article though, Citroen probably will end up getting Colin. Mitsubishi's not having a good season (8 Manufact. points) and I dunno if they have the resources right now to shell out the cash to bring over McRae.

I can't say the same for Tommi, because if he jumped ship once, what's stopping him from doing it again?
Old Aug 30, 2002, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by akademiks
I wouldn't mind if McRae joined the Mitsubishi team. It would be pretty sweet to see the brothers tearin up the WRC driving twin EVO's. After reading that article though, Citroen probably will end up getting Colin. Mitsubishi's not having a good season (8 Manufact. points) and I dunno if they have the resources right now to shell out the cash to bring over McRae.

I can't say the same for Tommi, because if he jumped ship once, what's stopping him from doing it again?
True
Old Aug 31, 2002, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, Tommi seems like more hype than substance at this stage in the game.

As for Solberg, damn good driver in this guy who is new to the sport's opinion.

And isn't Petters that guy whose steering wheel started coming off a few rounds back, and had his co try and fix it, meanwhile he drove for a few minutes without any pace notes on a pretty rough stage? That was some damn good driving whoever that was. If only Rally was bigger than NASCAR, maybe there would be better coverage on Speed.

Still you see that Focus crash on Rallye Deutsheland [sp.]? That driver was lucky... few more degrees of spin and he would have been mushed without that driver door to absorb the impact.
Old Aug 31, 2002, 03:09 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, and as for the McRaes... I can see the theme song for the season now... Chemical Brothers - "Tha Brothas Gonna Work it Out."
Old Sep 2, 2002, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

colin gets a few mill a year.
citroen is very up and coming... this season was their first rally safari and (off the top of my head) i think they pulled a 3rd place finish. a driver i really like and am going to keep an eye on is markko martin. he's only 26 and was leading safari or argentina or something by a considerable margin (3 mins) until he got a puncture. tire change time was about 3 mins and he ended up in 3rd place by a few seconds. rough luck sometimes.
but he might have just started his contract with Ford since he's so young. i'm real excited to see where he goes.
pugeot shows no sign of slowing down next year either. the only chance to catch them is colin i think.. but he comes with such a price. i think his best move would be citroen.. their cars are very consistant this year. i know it's a forum, but i want to see pugeot de-throned and i think a colin mcrae driven citroen will punish pugeot. ford has no tarmac capabilities and pugeot goes 1-2-3 on those rallies a lot.
anyways... that's just my 2cents
Old Sep 2, 2002, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

oh one other thing... colin and allister were interviewed in the previous issue of Rally XS and they said they'd want to be in the same car, not in 2 seperate cars for the same team. if mitsu was smart they'd get colin and put them both in the same car. they'd be awesome
Old Sep 2, 2002, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi has hardly finished a race and when they have it has been way down the order. I do hope they get something going soon so they have something to build on for next year.

On another note I had an argument with my girl the other day about her honda and my mitsubishi. I reminded her that Honda is not in the WRC and if they were so good then they probably would have been in it.

WADAD
Old Sep 2, 2002, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Well, to be fair to the Mitsu, they are working with a brand spankin' new car, and they are still working the bugs out. The WRX STis aren't fairing a whole lot better. Maybe the French are just doing something right.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

ford is very much not a tarmac car. colin himself said that germany was the first time he was even a little comfortable with ford's chances on tarmac... when you really think about it, most races are somewhat tarmac, if not all. the pugeots dominate tarmac... it's not like they have one good driver, they have 3 good drivers and 3 amazing cars. going 1-2-3 doesn't leave a lot of room for other teams to get a lot of points. the roughest of the rough rallys, safari, ate the pugeots alive and the master colin won it. tough if he doesn't sign with pugeot, cause they seem very tough to beat. i definatly don't think makinen needs to retire. he won 4 wrc's in a row just 2 years ago. new car, new team. plus loads upon loads of bad luck