Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

The brotha's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2002, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The brotha's

Okay...from what I remember, I think Colin McRae' contract (as well as Sainz) with Ford is up this year. So, then I see this little blub over at Rally Live:

http://rally.racing-live.com/en/head...24093210.shtml

So I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, that Mitsubishi in all their wisdom could maybe ditch Delacour and pick up the other brother (since Mitsu already has Alister McRae) and have 'em race their own Evos. *sigh* Then again, might not be having this problem if Tommi didn't jump ship. Heck, I know Petter's contract with Subaru is up, maybe nab him...not the greatest driver but he's young.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

i like sainz
Old Jul 2, 2002, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: The brotha's

Originally posted by Claudius

One guy who impressed me a lot was Didier Auriol ...
Wow...from what you wrote, he sounds like the Hardest of the Hardcore. Do you remember/know how he finished though? Not saying he's not capable, just curious what the flip did to his car, co-driver, and himself.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Claudius
No one was injured but he didnt win it
Flipping eats up time !? Hahaha...unlike in NASCAR where if something catostrophic happens, everyone gets a pit stop and a .
Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

and a Slim Jim
Old Jul 17, 2002, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

I'm with you on that pj. As for Didier Auriol he is a good driver and when motivated can be very fast (Claudius, I think that clip you were referring to was when his contract was almost up and he was looking for a new ride, I could be wrong). The only thing I don't like about him from what I've seen is, he is a huge whiner and I believe that's why he doesn't have a ride in the WRC any more.

I like both McRae and Sainz and I think Petter has good potential. Any of them would be great. Anyone know when Delecours contract is up?
Old Jul 17, 2002, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Burns is the best driver at the moment Wait till solberg becomes the #1 driver for a team...then he'll really kick some ***. I really like Rovanpera too.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo_dan
(Claudius, I think that clip you were referring to was when his contract was almost up and he was looking for a new ride, I could be wrong).

I like both McRae and Sainz and I think Petter has good potential. Any of them would be great. Anyone know when Delecours contract is up?
Got to love a driver who's aggressive enough to wipe out his own machine to get a new one before his contract expires. I like him! The whole point of this was to discuss new drivers for Mitsu and see who's available. Stickin' to it, I say keep Alister and get Solberg, since as "b" mentioned to me, Colin is expensive.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Plus you never know how many half million dollar cars Colin is going to crash in a year.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

I just wanna see Colin do a season or two of f1, at least he'll make it fun to watch
Old Aug 30, 2002, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

http://rally.racing-live.com/en/head...28111803.shtml

mwahahaha...both the McRae's on the Mitsu team is beginning to sound like a possibility...I still like Solberg more though.
Old Aug 30, 2002, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

What The Hell Is Wrong With Mitsubishi, Nab Colin Before Citroen Does, Mann Mitsubishi Has Some Rebuildin To Do Since Tommi Went To Subaru, Tommi Is Really Havin A Bad Season Maybe He'll Consider Goin Back To Mitsubishi When His Contract Is Up That Would Be Cool If They Had The McRae Brothers And Tommi Leading The Way For Mitsubishi
Old Aug 30, 2002, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi Should Add 2 More Cars In Total Of 4 For Better Chances Of Winning Like Peageot. Look At Peageot Now They Have 115 Manufacturers Pts So Far And Mitsubishi Has Only 8 Manufacturers Pts

Quick Reply: The brotha's