Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Blackhawk Farms HPDE 7-16

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blackhawk Farms HPDE 7-16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDpeuZ3tPvU

Enjoy! I hope...
Old Jul 31, 2011, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackhawk Farms is a great track that sometimes doesn't get the attention that it should. They have made considerable upgrades there the past couple of years and it is a very fun track to drive. Look like you had plenty of open track space that day. Thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for watching! And while the track is fun, it has some definite maintenance issues and I am not at all a fan of the curb-like aprons. No reason to have such high raised aprons in some areas. One of them coming out of turn 4 was brutal and I had to make a conscious effort to avoid it where I should have been making more of an effort to power out of the turn and set up for the next one.

Food was ehhhh. They don't allow passengers which is and their version of a paddock is full of sand and gravel that gets picked up on sticky tires and flung out onto the track making this one of the most debris-filled tracks I've been to.

That's just some honest feedback, I have nothing to gain from giving a negative review. I obviously had a ton of fun and may go to that track again, but I definitely prefer others.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Not that it's all that important, just along the lines of what we're talking about regarding them coming a long way/considerable upgrades... they even refer to the "restrooms" as "toilets" on their track map

Haven't seen that since my trip to Indy 500 where I had to **** in a trough alongside 30 other dudes, brah.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

(holy body roll)

Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
techno viking ftw

nice vid
Old Aug 4, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you sir. The ol' guy with the flag reminded me of Technoviking, the way he points... telling you that you're his ***** and all...