Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Forged Performance: Tracks Unlimited @ Nashville

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forged Performance: Tracks Unlimited @ Nashville

Once again the Forged Performance Team had another very productive weekend of motorsports activities that I am here to share with everyone. We left the shop late Thursday night to make the short drive to Nashville Tennessee where our friends, Tracks Unlimited had reserved Nashville Super Speedway for a two day HPDE Event.

After getting a few hours sleep at our hotel Thursday night we arrived at the track Friday morning bright and early for the drivers meeting. Friday's event was unique, in that we had the opportunity to host the Porsche Exclusive HPDE Track Day. This was the second time we've help run this event with Tracks Unlimited taking the lead.

Sharif had the special privilege of being invited to be the Chief Instructor for Fridays and Saturday's event. This event was mostly made up of new Porsche owners that had never experienced on track performance driving and he welcomed the opportunity to share some insights for a safe and fun track day experience. For this reason Sharif spent two hours in the classroom each day with the group of very enthusiastic drivers making sure everyone was aware of proper track etiquette, safety and familiarized each student with the fundamentals of high performance driving. And as Porsche owner himself, everyone was eager to go for ride-alongs throughout the day.

The rest of my day was spent on the side of the track with the beautiful sounds of GT2, GT3, Panamera and every other type of Porsche you can think of zooming past me. I could clearly see the progression of the drivers as the day went on and everyone seamed to really be enjoying themselves. Proper instruction and seat time is just one of those things that are to never be underestimated and one of the many reasons that we rarely if ever, see car to car contact or other car damage. By the end of the day I had heard from a few Porsche owners about how much they really enjoyed driving their cars like they were built to be driven. I honestly believe we saw many car owners become hooked on the track day experience and I am certain I will see many of these guys and girls again.

Saturdays event was an open track event that welcomed drivers of all makes and models to participate and many of the Porsche owners stuck around for some more seat time. The weather was perfect and the overall vibe around the track was one of excitement and anticipation. Once the drivers meeting was completed cars were starting to hit the track and it was clear today's drivers meant business. Some very fast cars and drivers had showed up to this event to kill some brakes and tires. There was something for everyone here from the remaining Porsche's, Corvette's, Evo's, Mustang's, GT-R's, ect...which definitely made for some interesting cat and mouse chase battles through out the day. Because of the mix of very fast cars being driven very hard there were quite a few spins and ventures off the track but thankfully everyone was able to go home with no damage to themselves or their cars. Although reports indicate that the group murdered more than one cone. We would like to thank Tracks Unlimited for hosting another great event, it is always a great pleasure of our to be able to participate in their events.

Over the next few days I will be doing the post production of my video coverage of this event, but I wanted to at least get some photos up. I hope everybody enjoys the shots and be on the look out for another thread with my video!

Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Homer drift, FTW...

Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:33 AM
Former Sponsor

LOL I agree!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!