Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Towed to the track (NJMP, Thunderbolt) for the first time.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towed to the track (NJMP, Thunderbolt) for the first time.

I normally pack the wheels in the back seat, the tools/junk in the trunk and can only take one of my kids with me. I always wanted to take both, but there isn’t enough room. This time, I decided to tow it and take both of them.

It was nice to just roll to the track with an empty/prepped car, instead of the usual unpacking, changing tires, taping the numbers, etc…
Both of my kids enjoyed the event too, especially the charity run @ lunch time. For $20 (per car) you can the family/friends for the a few paced laps around the tracks.

My son edited the video. http://vimeo.com/30627710
I instructed him to edit out the “boring” parts.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 18bora
I normally pack the wheels in the back seat, the tools/junk in the trunk and can only take one of my kids with me. I always wanted to take both, but there isn’t enough room. This time, I decided to tow it and take both of them.

It was nice to just roll to the track with an empty/prepped car, instead of the usual unpacking, changing tires, taping the numbers, etc…
Both of my kids enjoyed the event too, especially the charity run @ lunch time. For $20 (per car) you can the family/friends for the a few paced laps around the tracks.

My son edited the video. http://vimeo.com/30627710
I instructed him to edit out the “boring” parts.
Started towing mine as soon as I started attending events 4+ hours away. Nice not to worry about a major mechnical or even incedent resulting in all kinds of hassle getting you and the car home. And also, as you said, nice to roll in with the car prepped and ready, roll off the trailer and head straight to tech/reg.

It also opens the door to started the non DD type mods that head you down the road of creating a dedicated track car, and all the good and bad that come with it,
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDavenport
It also opens the door to started the non DD type mods that head you down the road of creating a dedicated track car, and all the good and bad that come with it,
I only go to the track a few times a year; making the evo a dedicated track car wouldn’t be logical.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I only go to the track a few times a year; making the evo a dedicated track car wouldn’t be logical.
In that case I applaud your restraint.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Nice driving Sam. I watched a few minutes at work without sound, but I'll check the whole thing out tonight when I get home. please tell me you don't have any footage in there of you passing that slow black E30 of mine...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I can't remember when I did actually drive my car to the track.
Towing is a best, for several reasons. I really can't see any negative point in the towing vs the drive the race car there.
Nice video by the way !
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

there is nothing logical about owning an evo. Get a tow vehicle already
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
Nice driving Sam. I watched a few minutes at work without sound, but I'll check the whole thing out tonight when I get home. please tell me you don't have any footage in there of you passing that slow black E30 of mine...
I thought you were in the black run group.

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I can't remember when I did actually drive my car to the track.
Towing is a best, for several reasons. I really can't see any negative point in the towing vs the drive the race car there.
Nice video by the way !
Thanks

Originally Posted by chrisw
there is nothing logical about owning an evo. Get a tow vehicle already
True.