Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just another Newb!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just another Newb!

Just picked up my TB Evo IX SE. Have thought about STI or EVO for some time but never really got to the point where I was ready to pull the trigger.

I was building a 1996 4.6 GT stang for track day fun and I own/drive a 7 sec. 1970 Camaro in PSCA drag racing here on the west coast so I enjoy thrills. However, the stang was so guttless that I was disappointed with the performance.......and the lack of a real backseat.

We had an '05 MR in our transmission shop that was towed on the rear wheels and needed an ACD replaced. Once I started looking at the engineering on the vehicle I was sold. I went home and told (asked?) the significant other that I was going to purchase a small family sedan and would sell my Mustang project.......all in the last two weeks.

Made a great deal with Eric @ San Rafael Mistu. and had Beau from SRM Tuning install Eibach lowered springs before I picked it up. Already feel like a kid @ Christmas looking through all of the catalogs & planning my mods.

Really happy with the Black Diamond color on the new SE BBS wheels. I'd post pics. but I am not that technical yet. Looking forward to my first track day at Thunderhill in Jan, and Sac. raceway drags when available.

Any input from the local experts is greatly appreciated on tracking, both roadcourse or drag.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the track.

Paul Langlie
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

how much OTD for your SE at San Rafael Mitsu?

I am looking on getting one also in the area in a few weeks and I am wondering who I should give my business to?

I already talked with stevens creek and if they can match south coasts prices then I am sold there. But let us know what kind of deal you got.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:45 PM

Call Eric

I would recommend giving them a call. There isn't much room for price negotiations, however, all the dealer's know that South Coast is blowing them out! I wrapped some mod. $$$s up in my finance so I couldn't give you an exact OTD pricing, but they made it worth my while so that I didn't have to go down to South Coast!

Paul