Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2012 Track Events/Dates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Track Events/Dates

I was wondering if anyone has scheduled or plans on scheduling Track events such as the DSM Shootout Buschur does every year for the 2012 season and when those estimated dates my be. Im trying to make it to as many as possible next year with my car Anti-Lag and trying to plan ahead so i can plan my schedule accordingly! Thanks!

Also if you want to turn this into a thread where everyone posts up events and dates on the first post thats fine as well. That way everyone can just go to this one thread and find events they would like to participate in or go to and then links to those events. If anyone wants to do that i think it would be a good setup to have it setup as

Event Name, Location, Date(potential date TBD), Type of event (Drag, Cruise, Shootout, Auto X, Dyno Day), Who is welcome (Private or Public), Cost, Link to event, Sign up list for members going. Feel free to add additional beneficial information.

Also to make it easier we could seperate events by month subheadings to make it easier to find as well

I dont know if anyone has done this before, so i appologize if this is a repeat and mods can close it, if not lmk what you guys think about making this a thread and any changes or suggestions.

Last edited by GGevo921; Nov 22, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody? Should I repost in another section of the forum?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Scheduler what i am looking so far, and will pick the race weekend are the followings:

Rally New York:

April 20 - 22, 2012: Rally New York USA / tarmac

June 23, 2012: Summer Rallysprint /gravel

August 24 - 25, 2012: Rally Delaware / tarmac

October 20 -21, 2012: International Rally New York / gravel

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rally America all gravel:
-- SnoDrift, Atlanta, Mich., Jan. 27-28

-- Rally in the 100 Acre Woods, Salem, Mo., Feb. 24-25

-- Oregon Trail Rally, Portland & The Dalles, Ore., May 4-6

-- Susquehannock Trail Rally, Wellsboro, Pa., June 1-2

-- New England Forest Rally, Newry, Maine, July 13-14

-- Olympus Rally, Seattle, Wash., Sept. 22-23
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hill climb:
NEHA
Mt. Ascutney I: May 20-22, 2011

Burke I: June 10-12

Okemo I: July 8-10, 2011

Okemo II: August 5-7, 2011

Burke II: TBD

Mt. Ascutney II: September 16-18, 2011

Mt. Philo: October 14-16, 2011
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i will pick some weekend for some of these, and if i get some invitations, as i did last year i try to make it there too. Of course those are not listed here. But basically these are the days i am looking for mainly and planning my "race weekends"

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Nov 24, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by GGevo921
Event Name, Location, Date(potential date TBD), Type of event (Drag, Cruise, Shootout, Auto X, Dyno Day), Who is welcome (Private or Public), Cost, Link to event, Sign up list for members going. Feel free to add additional beneficial information.
Are you looking for a specific geographic area?

The US is kind of a big place. There are several thousand of the above every year. This sounds ambitious
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
Are you looking for a specific geographic area?

The US is kind of a big place. There are several thousand of the above every year. This sounds ambitious
+1. There are thousands of events around the US...
Old Nov 25, 2011, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Im looking for events all over, Im going to travel to Ohio for the buschur shootout, New York if STM has there dyno Day, etc. Im willing to travel depending on my schedule, as im trying to meet as many people as possible in the indusrty, fellow enthusiasts, etc. It be nice if it was less than a 10 hour drive lol for myself, but i thought this might be a nice thread for others as well where they could look for events in there area as well. We could break it up by Geogrphic loaction subgroups as well, like mid-atlantic, West, Mid-West, North east tand then again go ahead and list events in the layout format. Just thought it might be a way to allow people to have a easy way to find access to finding out when events are and where and what the are for without having to look all over for it. Thanks for the input. Anyt Advice Suggestions, or if this should be done lmk.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Dont take this the wrong way as we are trying to help you out. I dont think you understand what it is youre proposing. Yes, people post threads sort of like yours every now and then. But they just want to organize a list that ONLY covers track events. Youre probably the first who wants to extend it to just about every type of event possible. Youre either incredibly ambitious or you dont understand what youre actually proposing. No one has really responded yet for many reasons. For one thing, you dont even know of events yourself but youre suggesting that your thread be turned into that thread. Its been tried before, only for track events, by people who actually try to keep track of all the events in their area. And those threads never really work, let alone someone wanting to undertake a list of events for every type of event possible. Main reason is that people eventually give up because its way too much work, and if you want people to follow your thread they need to be able to depend on it. That means you need to pretty much dedicate your life, at least that year, to make sure all your data is correct and up to date. Here is an example of a thread that tries to keep track of track events just around the California area:

- 2011 Track Days Schedule

There are threads like that floating around that cover other regions also. Even though theyre pretty organized, you still cant really depend on those links because their info isnt going to be completely up to date all the time. Events get canceled/added quite regularly, and there are always random events that pop up by the not so regular organizations. Now remember that is only a list of track events just in the California area, which in itself is a major undertaking. And i know that there are events that are not listed there. You on the other hand want to turn this into a thread for just about everything from HPDE, autox, drag, and even events ranging from cruises and dyno days. You might get a couple people posting a couple HPDEs or autox events that theyre thinking about running, but eventually theyll give up because its too much work. No one is really going to make the time to dedicate themselves to a thread where theyre constantly updating all the events theyre planning on doing, let alone cruises, dyno days, and who knows what else. Best case scenario youll find someone here whos from your area that will show you a few things and youll be on your way. If you do find a thread like the one i posted that covers your area, you definitely want to contact the organizations that are hosting the events to make sure the dates are current. Good luck.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
One event I'd like to see more people attend is the MAP Proving Grounds weekend.

June 23/24 2012.

What makes this weekend a bit different than the others is MAP runs a wide variety of events.... there is a drag strip, a large parking log autox, drifting events, a very high speed open lapping session and even a high speed autox. It's a two day event with free camping on site.

The event is very well run and the facilities are fantastic.

Here are few videos from last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trAp35U601U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ89G...eature=related

I've already put it on my calendar!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bueller
Dont take this the wrong way as we are trying to help you out. I dont think you understand what it is youre proposing. Yes, people post threads sort of like yours every now and then. But they just want to organize a list that ONLY covers track events. Youre probably the first who wants to extend it to just about every type of event possible. Youre either incredibly ambitious or you dont understand what youre actually proposing. No one has really responded yet for many reasons. For one thing, you dont even know of events yourself but youre suggesting that your thread be turned into that thread. Its been tried before, only for track events, by people who actually try to keep track of all the events in their area. And those threads never really work, let alone someone wanting to undertake a list of events for every type of event possible. Main reason is that people eventually give up because its way too much work, and if you want people to follow your thread they need to be able to depend on it. That means you need to pretty much dedicate your life, at least that year, to make sure all your data is correct and up to date. Here is an example of a thread that tries to keep track of track events just around the California area:

- 2011 Track Days Schedule

There are threads like that floating around that cover other regions also. Even though theyre pretty organized, you still cant really depend on those links because their info isnt going to be completely up to date all the time. Events get canceled/added quite regularly, and there are always random events that pop up by the not so regular organizations. Now remember that is only a list of track events just in the California area, which in itself is a major undertaking. And i know that there are events that are not listed there. You on the other hand want to turn this into a thread for just about everything from HPDE, autox, drag, and even events ranging from cruises and dyno days. You might get a couple people posting a couple HPDEs or autox events that theyre thinking about running, but eventually theyll give up because its too much work. No one is really going to make the time to dedicate themselves to a thread where theyre constantly updating all the events theyre planning on doing, let alone cruises, dyno days, and who knows what else. Best case scenario youll find someone here whos from your area that will show you a few things and youll be on your way. If you do find a thread like the one i posted that covers your area, you definitely want to contact the organizations that are hosting the events to make sure the dates are current. Good luck.
Yea i see your point, Maybe ill just stick to the Mid-Atlantic or Other Big Shop Meets like the Buschur Shootout. I do know of a couple events already, i was just trying to find more, and as i started typing i was like im sure there is many more people just like me wanting to find events. I appreciate the input, still going to try and turn this into something. I have an idea as to how and what i want to do with this now. Ill keep you posted
Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:39 PM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I noticed that we have a calendar, but some of the sections look...quite blank: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ca...r=2010&do=&c=7

...maybe this needs to get used more often as a place to put everything for people looking to do a little bit of everything? Keep various threads that discuss them open to discuss the details of different events, but have the dates marked on the site calendar, too?

(I wonder if the admins would object to the calendar getting some moar lurve?)