Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Private track day @ NJMP Thunderbolt in on Feb 26

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You all have some safe fun! Was hoping to meet up with the 'ol crowd (honda-guy, alwaysinboost, etc) and put a face to some of the screen names in this forum (Robevo RS, etc.) but I guess it will not work out for me this time... Anyways, ENJOY!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I usually take the gwb down since I live near the Deegan 87. AlwYs in boost mentioned for me to arrive at 7-7:30. Let me check with him again and see if thats necessary.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
8 am. I will have my friend to meet with me at the NJTP and he wants to do filming on the NJTP with a city in the back etc. I think he wants to make some movie about the test day. He is th one who made our intro movie. I think he does a great job.

I probably will be around 5 am at the GSP rest stop at the 172 exit. or something we all know. If you like to roll down with us, let me know so we can meet at the parking lot. But i have to take a 17 south to the route 3 and then a NJTP. i will trailer my car down there. For several reasons. Number one is gas price. My car runs $9.5 /gallon gas and use aprox 10 or less mpg. LOL
Originally Posted by EriCS
Ok, I usually take the gwb down since I live near the Deegan 87. AlwYs in boost mentioned for me to arrive at 7-7:30. Let me check with him again and see if thats necessary.
Much better to be there early, 8am is too late Rob. With cars hitting the track at 9am (roughly), you still need to check in at registration and get your car teched before all that. I would think the drivers meeting will be around 8-8:30 or so. I would plan on being there between 7-7:30am.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

7:30 is a good time to arrive. You will have to unload your car, go thru registration, put your numbers on, go thru tech, clean your windshield, torque your wheels, adjust your air pressure and be ready for the 8:30 am drivers meeting.

Students will have class from about 9am to 9:45ish, then your group is out on track @ 10am! The morning will fly by so its best to get there early and be prepared.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
You all have some safe fun! Was hoping to meet up with the 'ol crowd (honda-guy, alwaysinboost, etc) and put a face to some of the screen names in this forum (Robevo RS, etc.) but I guess it will not work out for me this time... Anyways, ENJOY!
Don't worry Andy, we'll be talking mad **** about you. Thai and I will fill you in on all the lies at the BMWCCA instructor meeting in March.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
where is the track located again?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^ take US 1 South, if you see Disney World then you passed it.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok thanks
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I am trying to borrow a motorcycle helmet from my buddy, its should be sa2000 or newer. Is that ok? If not can I purchase one there?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

you will need a 2000 or newer SA or M rated FULL FACE helmet. there will not be any available for sale or rent at the track.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
chu
Evolved Member

I am trying to borrow a motorcycle helmet from my buddy, its should be sa2000 or newer. Is that ok? If not can I purchase one there?
Quality Inn is only $65/night. A bunch of us are stayign there. Its's better to get there earlier, then drive the morning. I only live an hour away from the track, and I stay overnight. What size helmet do you wear? I have a medium I can lend!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Sounds like good weather to.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
Much better to be there early, 8am is too late Rob. With cars hitting the track at 9am (roughly), you still need to check in at registration and get your car teched before all that. I would think the drivers meeting will be around 8-8:30 or so. I would plan on being there between 7-7:30am.
if everybody will be there between 7 -7.30 am, i am sure i will still have a time to go to the end of the line, when they sure wont finish the inspection, as usual... I would be there Saturday originally, if i would have a garage space but i was too late so i dont have it now, there for i cant pull into it to not get too cold. My wife will be there and seems couple of other people like 2-3 of them.

I was planning from the scheduler which said inspection 'till 8.30.am. Also i think i have just have to hand out the paper like last time when i dont even had a paper. Since my inspection was done by my crew (RKTmotors) as it was required.
I mean i try to get there as soon as possible, but the we leave at 5 am in the morning and the NJMP is 2.5 hours (148 miles) from us. So we should have plenty of time anyway. I am just estimating the 8 am arrival.

tech inspection by the time sheet is from 7- 8.30 am. So i dont know why the grupe meet is 8-8.30 anyway. LOL

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 23, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
Quality Inn is only $65/night. A bunch of us are stayign there. Its's better to get there earlier, then drive the morning. I only live an hour away from the track, and I stay overnight. What size helmet do you wear? I have a medium I can lend!
Thanks for the offer on the helmet but my dome is at least a large. Do u have thPle location for the Quality inn? Maybe I can book a room...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:50 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Right here guy... If you get there early enough Saturday night, please join us for dinner!

Originally Posted by chu
Hello. For those of you who are planning to come the Milleville/NJMP the night before the event, there are a few local hotel choices in the area that are very convenient to food/beverage, and close proximity to the track. Hotels I’ve had experienced with include:

Fairfield Inn & Suite
301 Bluebird Lane
Millville, NJ

This is a newer hotel that open this past year. Its very nice inside and out, and has a good breakfast. Located near a Lowe’s and Shoprite on the main strip. Really nice room, and can fit 3 people comfortably based on double occupancy. If you have high standards and need a nice clean palce, this is the one for you!

Country Inn By Carlson
1125 Village Drive
Millville, NJ

Older hotel for those looking to stay on the cheap. Has separate bedroom and living space. We fitted five guys into this place, and although tight, it was fine since we only stayed one night. Breakfast is also available.

Quality Inn & Suites
1701 North 2nd Street
Millville, NJ

This place is also similar to the Country Inn, but I think is a bigger room. A group of us is staying here for this event, and we’re fitting 6 guys into the room. This place is the closest in proximity to the track, but its not far from the Fairfield Inn listed above.

A group of us plan to arrive pretty early to town as some people like to swap out tires, and whatnot. It has become a tradition to have dinner at the Texas Roadhouse nearby, but there are also a lot of other food choices in the immediate area of the Fairfield and Quality Inn. Wawa and Sonic are the two conveniences nearby. Shoot me a pm if anyone has any questions, or would like to meet up. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Quick Reply: Private track day @ NJMP Thunderbolt in on Feb 26