Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

JDM antilag systems

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JDM antilag systems

Does anyone know where to source parts for the factory JDM anti-lag systems for the IX?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
what do you mean by that? jdm?

there is specific or different set up for jdm? i think the evo has only one set up from factory, which is a homologated for world wide.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he means the SAS hardware that came with certain factory JDM evos. (That wasn't available on USDM evos?)

I don't see it for sale very often but I will let you know if I see something come up.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think what he means by JDM is the anti-lag setups found on Japan market Evo's. USDM evo's don't have it. Our aftermarket headers come wih plugs in them.. I've always wondered how well that system works, & if it would be possible to bolt it onto a US-spec evo..
Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

oh ok. the feeding tube , that is not USDM market for sure like the AYC before .

I think you can get those easier form the EU sites Like lancer register forum etc.

are you guys talking about these right?

but you still need an ECU which is capable for true ALS and the kicker.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Mar 2, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

I thought it could be controlled with the stock ecu with adjustments to the rom?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
I thought it could be controlled with the stock ecu with adjustments to the rom?
i heard that from this forum too, but i never saw in person who had it. as far as i know true als needs an aftermarket ecu with als option.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does this system work exactly, & what is the benefit? The name 'anti-lag' seemingly suggests that it somehow increases spool-up, but how?

Has this been successfully pulled off on a US evo before?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i heard that from this forum too, but i never saw in person who had it. as far as i know true als needs an aftermarket ecu with als option.
I've got some anti lag tables in the XML for my rom, possibly an incorrectly labelled lean spool. I'll do a bit of research this weekend and post back later.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WW-GSR
How does this system work exactly, & what is the benefit? The name 'anti-lag' seemingly suggests that it somehow increases spool-up, but how?

Has this been successfully pulled off on a US evo before?
It's a way of keeping the turbo spooled when you are not on the throttle. The most common method is to combust fuel and air in the exhaust manifold/turbo exhaust housing. Sounds like it's not good for the turbo? Well, it's not really. YouTube anti lag and you'll hear the pops and bangs, those are the combustions outside of the engine.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
I've got some anti lag tables in the XML for my rom, possibly an incorrectly labelled lean spool. I'll do a bit of research this weekend and post back later.
there is a "pops and bangs" tune for the CT9A cars and earlier to immitatae the ALS. So it does sounds like them sort of. But it is not a true ALS you would like to have, if you do want to run it.
It does sounds cool but that is not an ALS.

i dont think this is an als since the idle is not changing whe n he is idleing just a smooth idle to the staright pops and bangs :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1SOk21egc

this is an ALS idle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Sy0...eature=related

here is the difference in idle

untill 11 sec ALS is on then from 11 till 23 is just an ALS idle , then from 23 sec the ALS switched off idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVfHsBDeqY

with a pops and bangs you can tunr off the Pops, but as far as i know the idle wont change this much and obvious.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Mar 3, 2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some serious premature turbo wear!

Found this video! Sounds awesome! One the comments for the video was interesting, talking about anti lag cool down to cool the turbo...
http://youtu.be/moAo_rStugQ

Last edited by mouseIX; Mar 3, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah the tubing hardware. The shop that tunes my car figured it out with the USDM IX. My car is currently set up with a beta tune on e85 that uses the idle air bypass to act a a quasi antilag now, and after a season with it I want more. I just need the piping and hardware. Any help finding the parts would really be apprechiated!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Anti lag basically retards the timing massively which makes your charge essentially go off in the exhaust. Racing ones put sparkplugs in the manifolds even. This keeps the exhaust turbine spinning and the boost pressure loops back into the intake keeping the Turbo spooled. The popping is the combustion in the ehxaust. It does not effect idle, it effects lag. Hence anti-lag
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I will be removing mine sometime in the near future.

Quick Reply: JDM antilag systems