Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Narra @ ra

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Actually I had Hoosier stickers on the car already. I just needed all the other stickers they wanted to be put on.

It's only 3 in class for NARRA! (better then NASA) Its published like that in the rules, and I was handed the signed redemption form from the race organizers.
You are correct my friend. I called hoosier to verify. I thought there would be no way narra could have a better program with hoosier than SCCA and NASA but they do. My apologies.

Anyways I agree with you that narra need to organize their TT better, what we did at Road Atlanta was just drive straight to the front of the grid if we were in TT, I would try that next time if I were you. The traffic is frustrating.
Old May 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yea, the whole NARRA contigency program is very good. I won $200 in cool shirt bucks, $75 from Sunoco toward gas, Moton bucks, and the hoosier tires.

I think that maybe one reason they have better contingency is that they are really working the marketing/media part of this series. Plus, they have some serious money behind them in most of their competitors. It was not your typical grassroots event by an means! IMO
Old May 15, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Yea, the whole NARRA contigency program is very good. I won $200 in cool shirt bucks, $75 from Sunoco toward gas, Moton bucks, and the hoosier tires.

I think that maybe one reason they have better contingency is that they are really working the marketing/media part of this series. Plus, they have some serious money behind them in most of their competitors. It was not your typical grassroots event by an means! IMO
I didn't put the cool shirt stickers on my car because I don't have one, wish I had done it anyways. Same with Moton!

I got $100 in AMEX cards in exchange for them missing the Sunoco cards.

What NARRA is missing in TT organization and explaining the rules (3 sessions counting) they more than make up for with contingency, awards, coverage, and pure effort at the events. I might make an effort to do all of their east coast events next year. They really are enjoyable, and the racing is fantastic.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

They just handed me a pile of stickers and i put them on! LOL

The Cool Shirt one i would have put on no matter what. I had raced with Rich Shafer, founder of Cool Shirt at a few hillclimbs over the years and he unfortunatly passed away in an accident at the crow mtn hillclimb. He was i big supporter of hillclimbing and really helped to keep things going in hard times. I would be proud to support and advertise his company any time!

I do also think that NARRA has the potential to be one of the top groups to run with if they can just tidy things up a bit. They are for sure on top of all the other stuff that makes for an event that should attract the big names in TT's. I think they are a better group to run with if you want to make sponsers happy and get some publicity.
Attached Thumbnails Narra @ ra-road-america-pic.jpg  

Last edited by jerdeitzel; May 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old May 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

I agree, I especially like the TT-1 class that fills the gap between TTU and TTS in NASA. And while NASA pushes people away with their frame rail and inner fender well rule, NARRA keeps welcoming them in with a better overall event, more classes, better contingencies.

However NARRA is still small scale comparatively, and like you said, need to clean up the TT a tad bit, all it takes is a DE/TT group meeting to explain what to do and presto!
Old May 16, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the classifications, do they require a dyno sheet and scale you similar to NASA?
Old May 16, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, but they have something called a dyno affidavit that you have to fill out and get signed by the dyno operator. It's a bit more detailed than NASA. And they do scale you after the sessions.

All of the forms you need are on their website.
Old May 16, 2012, 05:39 PM

NARRA rules anyone going to NJMP thunderbolt june 9-10 with NARRA use my coupon code(JMR) and save some money.
Old May 17, 2012, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^ Mike, i'll be at NARRA june 9-10 event. Are you running with NARRA or RTA or will the combine?
Old May 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thats a good question. I wonder if you run RTA if your elegible for contigency?

Here is a nice press release!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/V...id=aAA2WpbMAkk

I like the sound of first Mitsubishi to take a NARRA/Whelen USTTC class win!
Old May 17, 2012, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on a very successful event. Way to represent! Too bad a few more of us weren't there to share in the fun.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by honda-guy
^ Mike, i'll be at NARRA june 9-10 event. Are you running with NARRA or RTA or will the combine?

Yes I am running NARRA event june 9-10 not RTA I started Hero Curcuit club> I got the guys at real time attack a sweet deal with NARRA they decided to run with EMRA big mistake I ****ing hate EMRA.Now therer RTA is going to get run over. Use my coupon code (JMR) I will kick back to you some mulla. Whats a honda guy hanging out in a evo fourm?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/180767955384397/
Old May 29, 2012, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
what's the Hero Circuit Club? i love my hondas but have owned two evos. gotta love awd.
Old May 30, 2012, 04:21 AM

http://ivyleagueeast.com/calendar/track-days/
Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:03 AM

NARRA Road America Recap Episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...=4-lZpFV0ChM#!

Last edited by drivinhard; Jun 7, 2012 at 06:05 AM.