Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

1:35's at Willow Springs today

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1:34 is an awesome time! Especially given that you guys were driving an almost stock car. I'm sure your times will improve by a few seconds once you get used to the car, get back into racing, and play with some suspension settings.

I thought you guys did have money to burn!?
Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:12 PM
In Timeout

Re: could have done better

He is right the Tiens suck ***, worse them stock.

Originally posted by racerferrari
i'd have to say that we were going 8/10's.....i'd have to say high 33's are possible the way the car is.....i stayed at 90mph around turn 2....120mph around 8....and i'm too scared to look at the speedometer around 9....the big problem was i could only hit around 120 or so down the straight....that sucks...i was afraid to push it too much because i've only had the car a week....and i haven't been racing much in the past year because doug had a baby and i bought a motorcyle...so i'm a little rusty....as far as suspension...i dunno yet...its a big ticket item...i asked Eric about the Teins and some of the other common set ups...he said keep away from them....but of course he thinks we have money to burn and he wants some of it
Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:14 PM
In Timeout

I need to call them again, I e-mailed them about a month ago and said they were really busy. The price on the setup is around 5k. I dono what all that includes and I am still thinking do I want a race car or track car becuase you can not have both. I also want too look at the Penski stuff as well.

Originally posted by Derekw
Wayne: Besides the bar, you planning on anything else for the suspension before OTC? Reason I ask is I would like to get something before April as well. If you and Erik have some plans that don't fall into the DCB category (meaning not top secret stuff that I can't buy ), I'd like to consider a similar setup. No point trying to fight a setup on my own if you guys are already working on something ya know..

Ryanmcd3: Whats your timeframe on the Motons? Think you can talk them into doing Club Sports for the car?

I'm still amazed at those times. I actually read a while back from a driver that took his EVO with some basic power mods to big Willow. It was his first time at the track and he ended up with a 1:36.... he discounted it saying that it must have been all of his video game training that he had before he went out to the track! I really needa start playing more video games or something
Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:15 PM
In Timeout

Re: 1:35's at Willow Springs today

I think if you throw a rear bar on the car that will help a lot.

was out at Big track Willow today with the Vipers....i ran a 1:35.42 and Eric ran a 1:34.94 on street tires today...not to bad for a pretty much stock EVO....the car really started to push.....need sway bar
Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:32 PM

You've got a Modena and you're serious about saving money?

Anyhow...I would recommend not going with overpriced JDM Stuff. Go with Buschur Racing...They can set you up with a Package for 4K Bucks. Including a reprogrammed ECU and the best FMIC kit on the market.

Or at the very least call Vishnu.

As for the rest of the suspension stuff, I have no idea...I prefer to spend my time breaking driveline parts in a linear fashion.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:43 PM
In Timeout

I think Wayne needs to sell more phones, or sell the 360 if $1,000 is too much.

Last edited by Ryanmcd3; Jan 24, 2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for picking on me

thanks for picking on me i'm an easy target.....hey guys i retired almost 2 yrs ago...i'm living on a fixed income...thats why i went out and bought a lift...so i could do a lot of the stuff myself...i'm poor.....i have 40 more years to go....hopefully
Old Jan 24, 2004, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Re: thanks for picking on me

thanks for picking on me i'm an easy target.....hey guys i retired almost 2 yrs ago...i'm living on a fixed income...thats why i went out and bought a lift...so i could do a lot of the stuff myself...i'm poor.....i have 40 more years to go....hopefully
I can't stop laughing after I read this.... LOL
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:49 PM
In Timeout

I am just giving you **** man

Old Jan 28, 2004, 10:00 AM

LOL! I love it. Well, then I guess you'd better be fastest Evo at Thill so you can put your $100 towards mods, eih?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=61540
Old Jan 29, 2004, 07:41 AM
Rx3

Well whatever you do, you'd better not let Bitterman beat you. Otherwise you'll be PO' . That's right P-O. No O-R for you, you can't afford it.

Longshot suggestion on the swaybars: RMDSM made a great set of swaybars for the DSMs (the other cars with the 4g63 motor), and a lot of us that auto-x/roadrace DSMs use them. Maybe you could get them to prototype a set of bars on your car and get a deal on the cost (maybe free?). Since you do a lot of road racing, you may be in a good position to offer a lot of feedback to them, so it might be worth there while. You never know, they might take you up on it.

On second thought.... can't Eric (EMI ? )fabricate something? Well assuming he has any time that is.

Last edited by Rx3; Jan 29, 2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

sway bar

i wish....Eric is so busy...especially now that he kicked everyones *** at willow springs driving someone elses Viper Comp Coupe(includeing Bobby Archer)....last weekend....maybe someday i'll get to talk to him again
Old Feb 16, 2004, 07:13 PM

Re: sway bar

i wish....Eric is so busy...especially now that he kicked everyones *** at willow springs driving someone elses Viper Comp Coupe(includeing Bobby Archer)....last weekend....maybe someday i'll get to talk to him again
You could contact Saner Performance Fabrication, they made an adjustable swaybar for my 2001 Prelude, and Im quite pleased with how it turned out. And it was only $185, an excellent price for an Adjustable swaybar, especially when you consider that there are some non-adjustable bars that cost that much (or a lot more) for this car, and that at the time, no one else made one. You would have to send them down a stock swaybar though, and it might take a month or so to do (mine took a little over a month, IIRC). Here's a link:
Saner Performance IIRC, I spoke with John Carlson.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Bobby Archer runs out at the Motorsport Ranch (DFW, TX)all the time. He's probably gonna start fuming if a bunch of Evo's show up and runs rompin fast times. especially in the wet!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd3
I am just giving you **** man

Hey Ryanmcd3, you doin any of the Panoz track days soon? Or do you go with another group?
I've been at RA for two events, but neither with the Evo...yet!