Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Global Time Attack Firebird International March 16th and 17th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Global Time Attack Firebird International March 16th and 17th

Who all is going? It's apparently combined with the Modified Magazine Tuner shootout.

Dan

Global Time Attack Event Information Page
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess i'm curious as to why you would pay $500 for entry when you can race the same event with NASA for $269? Especially since their is no tire contingency with GTA?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Fair enough, for me it is worth it from a media coverage point of view. Having more articles and stories to link to, pictures and video ect. . . helps pick up new sponsors to make the car faster. Also I tend to get more clean laps because the car count is fewer and more spread out. Also the rules being a bit more open make for more freedom in trying out ideas rolling through my head. I have never enjoyed Nasa events as much as Time Attack.

Dan
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

That's cool. I was just wondering if they worked something out that you could run both for a few more $ or something.

GTA does have a better system if you are interested in running tires that last quite a bit longer. As far as having more open track. I would agree that NASA gets a bit busy and lets not even talk about NARRA. (they run the open lap day with the TT. With all the new interest in them its going to be next to impossible to get a clean lap in).

From what i see, i do think you get the best media exposure from GTA. NARRA is a close second in that regards IMO.

I would love to run GTA events if they would expand to somewhere other then the southern US and west coast.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

If Autobahn wasn't so bumpy they'd probably still come back to the Midwest.

Dan
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I thought they paved AB again the middle of last year? There is always Road America. Although, I kno what that track cost to rent and it would be tuff to make that work financially.

I do appreciate groups like GTA trying to keep the flame going in the time attack scene. It's not a huge segment of the racing market.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
That's cool. I was just wondering if they worked something out that you could run both for a few more $ or something.

GTA does have a better system if you are interested in running tires that last quite a bit longer. As far as having more open track. I would agree that NASA gets a bit busy and lets not even talk about NARRA. (they run the open lap day with the TT. With all the new interest in them its going to be next to impossible to get a clean lap in).

From what i see, i do think you get the best media exposure from GTA. NARRA is a close second in that regards IMO.

I would love to run GTA events if they would expand to somewhere other then the southern US and west coast.
I really wish GTA was running out east... there isn't a lot of options for those of us in the NE/MA area. NARRA runs mostly southern events, GTA runs west, but Real Time Attack (RTA) was the only group running the tracks near me and they apparently aren't running this year. No announcement, no responses to numerous messages/emails/posts, just no schedule. I had to totally change my plans for the season and will be running NASA TT2 on slicks instead of the RTA Modified class on NT01s.

I'm not even worried about contingencies, but the media exposure is a huge deal for those of us just getting into the sponsorship game. I've got a fantastic primary sponsor, but to get where I want, I'll need to start picking up additional support and NASA isn't the best place for that.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

It's a 9 1/2 hour drive to Road Atlanta from Maryland. With 10,000+ Formula D fans cruising the paddock it is a blast!

Dan
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:16 PM
Former Sponsor

I agree, GTA is a ton of fun, and far more exposure then NASA brings. However GTA doesn't have anywhere close to as much competition as NASA in our region. If your wanting to impress sponsors, you'll need to be able to win NASA which in turn will make GTA better for you.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm running GTA in March, NasaAz puts in a killer event.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like fun
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there at the Modified Magazine Street Car Shootout
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

It's not an Evo, but damned sweet! Science of Speed is coming with their S2000!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
SOS's car is beyond gorgeous!

Professional Awesome gonna be down?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

I wish we could. Unfortunately the car is going through ANOTHER transformation, more power, less weight. We will do Atlanta for sure, 99% sure on Texas and most likely Cali again.

Dan

Quick Reply: Global Time Attack Firebird International March 16th and 17th