Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

How to dial in rear camber

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^ Also what he said. My car definitely handled its best with toe-in and the rear low (slight reverse rake). The pic below is a little exaggerated, as I think I was accelerating hard, but you get the idea. YMMV in STU though because you can't do things with the diffs like we can in SP/SM. My rule of thumb with an STU setup was always 0 toe.

Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Prior to upgrading my rear diff I experimented with a touch of toe out in the rear to help with rotation. I wanna say I had something like 1/16 or 1/32 so not much at all but I definitely noticed the difference relative to 0 toe all around. Now it certainly made the rear dance but my driving style is already overly aggressive (ambitious as I like to call it) and it made things like slaloms very interesting. I don't think full opp lock at the end of the slalom is the fastest way around the course and found myself in 1 too many tank slapper type scenarios and ended up going back to 0 toe all around.

I think its next to impossible to set up the car correctly for a vast range of scenarios so its best to figure out what you will predominantly be faced with and go from there. Certain venues tend to favor sweepers whereas others are mostly slalom based so you need to plan accordingly. And of course something which I believe has already been stated prior is that driving styles play a huge role as well when it comes to setting up the car so you need to tailor it to what you want it to do.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by RJones
(*ahem* Dallas)...

Ya'll run way to stiff bla bla #constantsetupdiscussion bla bla roll center something bla bla 3hz bla bla

I'm actually going to up my rear springs now because I cant seem to throw enough rear bar or soft enough front bar anymore with the roll center change and increased rear camber (maxed to something a little north of -2deg)

Rear toe and camber, how much corner exit rotation do you have? Too much, more toe, none? Less toe (never positive). I tried running a lot, basically maxed out, so more than 1/4" each tire. The back end just wouldn't move at all on exit and felt like it was hurting mid corner as well.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
I may try a touch of rear toe in next, my rear end moves around way too much