Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Track day ECU tuning??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts
Ummmm. BigT has an EVO X which doesn't have an EGR. So let's not confuse him about his initial question about getting the car ready for the track.

For track prep:

1.) Bleed the brakes and replace with some quality high-temp fluid. This is #1 for a reason.
2.) Swap pads for something higher-temp for track. I like Carbotech XP12, this is like politics...everyone will have an opinion.
3.) Make sure your coolant is good, and cooling system in working order (never loosing coolant on the daily).
4.) Go your OWN PACE with your OWN LINE at the track.
5.) Don't run the fuel tank below 1/3 or so on gasoline.

Do NOT throw anything higher in the tank than 100 octane unleaded... Anything higher and it burns slower and can raise your EGT and usually has lead. Don't ask me how I know
Old Jun 19, 2019, 06:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 579 Likes on 434 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaraxle
Ummmm. BigT has an EVO X which doesn't have an EGR. So let's not confuse him about his initial question about getting the car ready for the track.

For track prep:

1.) Bleed the brakes and replace with some quality high-temp fluid. This is #1 for a reason.
2.) Swap pads for something higher-temp for track. I like Carbotech XP12, this is like politics...everyone will have an opinion.
3.) Make sure your coolant is good, and cooling system in working order (never loosing coolant on the daily).
4.) Go your OWN PACE with your OWN LINE at the track.
5.) Don't run the fuel tank below 1/3 or so on gasoline.

Do NOT throw anything higher in the tank than 100 octane unleaded... Anything higher and it burns slower and can raise your EGT and usually has lead. Don't ask me how I know
We're not replying to OP. We're replying to the guy who bumped the thread that has an evo 8.