Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Need some seat + slider help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 07:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I ordered the Bride FO seat rail for driver side and apparently its on back order for a couple months (doh). I wanted the FO to keep seat around OEM height (happy codriver/wife again) and then the rails look to be connected with just one lever for adjustment. But being out of stock makes that moot.

Since everything is drop shipped these days, is there even any point looking for a different vendor that might have them on hand?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Overnight parts from Japan!?

In all seriousness you're probably right but who did you order them from? Depending on how badly you want them could always try calling around but it's probably a long shot and not the best use of your time.

You can also keep an eye out on ebay. Here are two listings that might be interestin granted not type FO but figured Id link anyway.

This one certainly appears to be in their hands but the 2nd Im not so sure but you can always reach out and see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bride-Mitsu...kAAOSwn4ZcRAWA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIDE-Type-...kAAOSwVLZdCTKF
Old Jun 19, 2019, 08:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Thats a good thought on checking the ebay but those are the RO (reclining bracket). I wonder what the difference is, only thing I can think would be maybe it sit the seat higher assuming theres more space needed? Or do reclining seats have a different mount spacing?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Ehh beats me. I dont think reclining seats would have to sit higher bc the bottom cushion doesnt move but rather just the back. Its really hard to compare bc most of the pictures online are generic pics and not specific to our application.

But generally with seat brackets its side mount or bottom mount and most real seats are side mount so then the spacing is dependent on the width of the seat. And being that a lot of these brackets are considered universal the mounting holes have got to be slotted to accommodate different widths.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
harness is worth it!! seat is for position, harness is to hold you in it
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
harness is worth it!! seat is for position, harness is to hold you in it
From some of the fast cars I've ridden in, it doesn't seem to be that way. Seat is to connect you to the vehicle. Harness is to make sure you dont come out, not necessarily to hold you in.

At least that's sure how it felt when sitting in some deeper seats without harnesses. Though does seem the harness can band-aid things to make up for lack of seat holding.

Certainly something everyone is going to have different preference/opinion on.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
yea to each his own. i run the buschur removable harness bar & a schroth 4 point with stock seat, really happy with that combo. maybe if the bucket is deeper it's more about not coming out than holding in though, i hate bucket seats, but mine is a street car
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
The reclinable brides i had were base mounted through the bottom rather than side mounted like a fixed back.

Harnesses are definately to hold you in. especially while braking. keeps ur shoulders secure so your not putting ur weight onto the wheel. a lap belt doesnt do this. what your feeling is just the seat keeping you in laterally. Point a gopro at yourself and do a run in a regular seat then another run in a harness and ill guarantee youll see a difference.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 06:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
I ordered my Bride rails from Kamispeed, fwiw. But I'm pretty sure they were drop shipped.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
I second Racetech. I have an RT4009 as my driver's seat and out of the 15 or so seats I've sat in it's still my favorite. About the same price as the bride but fits me way better.

To give some reference on how good this seat is I drove 30 hours home in it when I bought my car, 16 hours of it straight without stops except for gas. Got home with zero back pain.

I also don't move a smidge in it. Nobody realizes how big of a difference a proper seat setup makes on driver focus until they actually use one.

Eric, those turned out awesome! Glad I could help you get em designed. If they weren't such a pain to manufacture I'd definitely consider doing a run of them. I think the design could be tweaked to be tool-less for adjustment but I'm not sure how accessible all 4 point would be with a full interior.

Dallas, absolutely get a harness setup. As you've already noticed the lap belt alone will keep you seated way better than the factory 3 point, especially if you have high side bolsters. I love my Schroth harnesses, they adjust in seconds very easily.

Lastly, **** Wedge. Their brackets fit like ****.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 04:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
Oh and a little tip for buying seats, if comforrt is a concern lol for seats that useba composite shell instead of a steel tube frame. There's a handful of entry level seats that use composite shells and most upper level stuff is.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ayoustin
I second Racetech. I have an RT4009 as my driver's seat and out of the 15 or so seats I've sat in it's still my favorite. About the same price as the bride but fits me way better.

To give some reference on how good this seat is I drove 30 hours home in it when I bought my car, 16 hours of it straight without stops except for gas. Got home with zero back pain.

I also don't move a smidge in it. Nobody realizes how big of a difference a proper seat setup makes on driver focus until they actually use one.

Eric, those turned out awesome! Glad I could help you get em designed. If they weren't such a pain to manufacture I'd definitely consider doing a run of them. I think the design could be tweaked to be tool-less for adjustment but I'm not sure how accessible all 4 point would be with a full interior.

Dallas, absolutely get a harness setup. As you've already noticed the lap belt alone will keep you seated way better than the factory 3 point, especially if you have high side bolsters. I love my Schroth harnesses, they adjust in seconds very easily.

Lastly, **** Wedge. Their brackets fit like ****.
Definitely plan on putting the harness in for now especially since my codriver in crows back in April and upcoming July national tour struggled so much also with staying in the seat. The biggest issue with current seat is my butt coming forward which gets my hips out of the bolsters so the harness will definitely help there. The slider really is a piece of **** from Corbeau and I think I found that Buddy Club, Sparco, Corbeau, and probably others all use the same vendor for the slider. Bride cost twice as much but seems to have no one complaining about them just having a ton of friction and slop.

At Packwood tour I'm going to spend time walking around and trying to fit in other people setup just to see what seat fits me well.