Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

needs me an alignment ntec folks, yeehaw

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Track Works aka Pro Tuning Performance are the only ones that I will use for an alignment. I take all of my cars to them and you don't have to tell them to be careful. Their price is right as well. I won't even trust Cobb, that's how good they are, been there done that.

I have never had a car test driven after an alignment...ever.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

I've used PTP, COBB. Don Herring in Irving did my last one.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

wth this is so old delete this pls

and yes, NTB doesnt even know how to use the alignment racks correctly, even though the computer does a step by step run down of HOW to properly align the car. in fact they refuse to remove the rear slip pins on the rack. retards. 5 different visits in 5 different days they never got the car aligned right, the alignment package was a gift. im trying to give it away somehow. i've been using ptp since 09 with the miata and now have a one yr with the evo. (at ptp)

Last edited by chad99evo; Dec 4, 2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chad99evo

and yes, NTB doesnt even know how to use the alignment racks correctly, even though the computer does a step by step run down of HOW to properly align the car. retards. 5 different visits in 5 different days they never got the car aligned right, the alignment pckage wasa gift and ive been using ptp since 09 with the miata and now have a one yr with the evo.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't even see the original post was in 2009 LOL
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

asking about where for alignments. but this thread is so old and i dont know wtf about the title lol

and correct, test drive not necessary after alignment, only is special circumstances.

Last edited by chad99evo; Dec 4, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I am not going to delete this thread, no reason for that as it's still a valid question.

I personally used Cobb for alignments.

Here a good thread for reference for future questions like this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...r-evo-dfw.html
Old Dec 5, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chad99evo

and yes, NTB doesnt even know how to use the alignment racks correctly, even though the computer does a step by step run down of HOW to properly align the car. in fact they refuse to remove the rear slip pins on the rack. retards. 5 different visits in 5 different days they never got the car aligned right, the alignment package was a gift. im trying to give it away somehow. i've been using ptp since 09 with the miata and now have a one yr with the evo. (at ptp)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I came across this in a search. After I saw KevinD's recommendation of NTB in GV, I thought I'd give it a try.

I moved to Dallas from Los Angeles few months ago, and never dealt with "test drives" until now. I searched on google and NTB's website to see if their policy was an industry standard, but came across nothing. That's what led me to post/ask/rant here.

I'll definitely check PTP out. Anyway, thank you all for your advice.

I hope to see you all at a track event sometime next spring. I'd like to get to know the Evo community out here better.
Especially you, bimmertech.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bluedub1
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I came across this in a search. After I saw KevinD's recommendation of NTB in GV, I thought I'd give it a try.

I moved to Dallas from Los Angeles few months ago, and never dealt with "test drives" until now. I searched on google and NTB's website to see if their policy was an industry standard, but came across nothing. That's what led me to post/ask/rant here.

I'll definitely check PTP out. Anyway, thank you all for your advice.

I hope to see you all at a track event sometime next spring. I'd like to get to know the Evo community out here better.
Especially you, bimmertech.

my recommendation was old the guy who did all the race car alignments there doesn't work there anymore so its really hit or miss there. although, even when he was there, they always test drove the cars, even my race car. honestly i would much rather have them verify they did it right on the street before be taking it back home to find out they didn't do it right. the 2 miles of driving it don't bother me at all... i drive the car harder on the track then any lacky at a shop will be able to drive it down the street, if they were so inclinded to rag on it.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

i used Firestone and they road test pre and post. No problem with them yet.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

I am heading to PTP (Texas Track Works) in the AM for another alignment after all the work KevinD did and setting my ride height tonight. TTW(PTP) all the way!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't understand the fuss about road testing, I've had that before and have zero problem with it. Why would you complain about a shop verifying their work? What's the big deal? It's a car...

Hell, had PTP road tested my car on two occasions it would have saved me a lot of headache and hassle, which is why I no longer will go to them.

Cobb for alignment, EvoD for tires, those are my recommendations.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

I was not too happy about the test drive being conducted without my knowledge and/or consent. that is all. I posted here in hopes to find out if these test drives were normal. let me reiterate that I've never had my past vehicles driven before/after an alignment.

thank you all for your input.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:05 PM

I don't want my car road tested unless I'm asked
These are unusual cars and under high boost my twin disc carbonetics clutch was very difficult to drive and not nearly as difficult as many other six pucks.
I am very worried even getting the car inspected every year, choosing places that don't usually test drive their cars.
Like I said, I like to be asked, because every owner feels differently about their "baby"
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DEVO330
I don't want my car road tested unless I'm asked
These are unusual cars and under high boost my twin disc carbonetics clutch was very difficult to drive and not nearly as difficult as many other six pucks.
I am very worried even getting the car inspected every year, choosing places that don't usually test drive their cars.
Like I said, I like to be asked, because every owner feels differently about their "baby"
I totally agree. If I know they are going to test drive it I will flash a valet ROM on it. Not to mention people don't really realize what a little over 4" ground clearance really means... Nothing like have a crushed exhaust or high centered sub-frame to ruin ones day.