Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

The attitude within NTEC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The attitude within NTEC

I've been thinking about making this thread for a while (few months at least) and I think now is a good time to actually do it.

Basically, I've never experienced so much negativity and basically pissy attitudes from a local car club before. I expect it in the national sections since everyone is busy wagging their e-peens trying to see who can prove who wrong first, but seriously, we're supposed to be a community here. I'd love to see the meets grow, I'd love to see NTEC forum activity go up, but it's just not going to like this.

If you have a problem with a way a member is conducting himself on the board contact them, me, or SmikeEvo (mod who regularly views NTEC) and we'll go from there. I think most of these misunderstandings could be cleared up by a simple person-to-person conversation. Hiding behind the keyboard online really does seem to bring out the worst, but also sometimes best, in people.

We're all guilty of this from time to time.

Basically the point of this thread is this: Think before you post; you're among friends, act like it
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
We're all guilty of this from time to time.

Basically the point of this thread is this: Think before you post; you're among friends, act like it
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rmondoh
Saturday night, my house, the wife's out of town, I'm stocking the fridge with beer, and everyone is invited over after Kevin's tech session.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Saturday night, my house, the wife's out of town, I'm stocking the fridge with beer, and everyone is invited over after Kevin's tech session.
Done...Gonna get me some money!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:12 PM

We're dealing with the same issue on the local Mazda board. Everyone is fine in person, but as soon as people get the forum, things go to hell.

Group hugs seem to work... I swear... try it... get pictures
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by low_psi
I was trying to figure out some quip about that being as ghey as a Mazda or Imprezza or something, but I'm laughing way to much to make sense of it!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

cleaning up post to stay on topic

Last edited by rmondoh; Aug 23, 2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: cleaning up post to stay on topic
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

1. Kracka
2. Rmondoh
3. SiliconTek
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Kracka,

There is a UFC Pay Per View event that night (I LOVE Mixed Martial Arts) that has a pretty good fight card (http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC118#/fight).

If anyone else is interested, I'm willing to pay Kracka for my share of the price if he is ok with ordering it for the group. This is assuming that we get enough people interested in paying their share because since Kracka is hosting and providing drinks, I don't think he should have to pay a chunk.

Would that be ok with you Kracka? If not, then I'll edit my post.
Great idea 'Mondoh!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Kracka,

There is a UFC Pay Per View event that night (I LOVE Mixed Martial Arts) that has a pretty good fight card (http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC118#/fight).

If anyone else is interested, I'm willing to pay Kracka for my share of the price if he is ok with ordering it for the group. This is assuming that we get enough people interested in paying their share because since Kracka is hosting and providing drinks, I don't think he should have to pay a chunk.

Would that be ok with you Kracka? If not, then I'll edit my post.
Awesome idea, BUT [gasp] I don't have any form of cable/satellite TV! I'm definitely game if there is a way to get it through my computer or PS3 though.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

1. Kracka
2. Rmondoh
3. SiliconTek
4. SmikeEvo

(suppose I really should start a separate thread on this)
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by low_psi
We're dealing with the same issue on the local Mazda board. Everyone is fine in person, but as soon as people get the forum, things go to hell.

hey are you having trouble getting to certain posts as well as me? its like the site is down(as useful as it is )

Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Kracka
2. Rmondoh
3. SiliconTek
4. SmikeEvo
5. PlanoEvo
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

there will always be disgruntled members who feel the need to police things in the club and feel they are of higher standing than you lowly NTEC citizens, i've always had a happy attitude but have been trumped on by others who misunderstand me or just sat on something large and haven't had it removed... LOL, there isn't too much you can do about it but try and talk it over, (which usually doesn't work with the jerky hard headed ones), so let it roll off your shoulders and forget about it, let them be who they are and know that you are a better person who has great character and good will. some people never change, but the attempt isn't a waste, give it a shot!

for instance, my first half of post was sarcastic humor, as i treat everybody i meet like family and am myself %110 of the time, but this can be a bit much for anybody to handle who doesn't have training in special needs people or wild primates.(or people who just don't know me)

Last edited by chad99evo; Aug 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:10 AM

SCREW YOU IN THE BUTT ON MYSPACE KRACKA!!!!!11!! J/K I really am a nice guy on here and in person I promise. I just found this awesome new soapbox that I had to stand on.

Quick Reply: The attitude within NTEC