Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Plz Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plz Help

Hi guys I dont post on here alot but to make a long story short I just had a hit and run happen to my car and I am so sick over it.

Its an 05 RS with only 21k miles. What is the best body shop in the area currently?

I also have a ruined wheel. Can anyone please help me locate a JIC Jforce 05 Wheel in "Glittering Black" its a 17x8 but I cannot remember the offset. I think its a +30. Its sits about a quarter inch further out towards the body than a stock evo 8 wheel. So if an evo 8 wheel is +38 like i have read online, then it must be +30 right? I have found a few places out of the state and will start calling around tomorrow to try and locate one.

I am so upset by this, it just happened less than two hours ago.

Thanks for any and all help, I will be watching this thread.

I am leaving my phone number in case someone needs to talk to me. I trust you guys in NTEC.

Edit - I see that trade secret has everyone's business now. I will use them.

-Russell King
682-557-6827

Last edited by Russell K; Mar 25, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Trade secret in Plano
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear about that, Russell. Did you call the police and file a report? Your uninsured/underinsured coverage will handle this with a $250 deductible in the state of Texas, and it doesn't hit your rates...

And yes, Trade Secret is the only place you need to be calling. They can probably help you locate a replacement wheel too.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks man.

Yes I did call the police. They only took a report, no big deal to them ya know?

Thanks for the info on the deductible my wife and I were trying to decide if it would be the full deductible for us ($500) or the $250. Looks like you (and my wife) were right.

Ya I baby this car and for this to happen just sickens me. I almost passed out at the scene of it.

Does anyone in NTEC doubt whether Trade Secret can match the "off" white of the front aluminum fender? Us 8 and 9 guys know how the front fenders of a white Evo do not quite match the rest of the car. I am worried that it will never match right after this and I doubt my insurance will pay to have both fenders matched, or whatever it would take to make it look "right".....The damage is only on passengers side front fender to clarify things.

Originally Posted by mrMTB
Sorry to hear about that, Russell. Did you call the police and file a report? Your uninsured/underinsured coverage will handle this with a $250 deductible in the state of Texas, and it doesn't hit your rates...

And yes, Trade Secret is the only place you need to be calling. They can probably help you locate a replacement wheel too.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Russell K
Thanks man.

Yes I did call the police. They only took a report, no big deal to them ya know?

Thanks for the info on the deductible my wife and I were trying to decide if it would be the full deductible for us ($500) or the $250. Looks like you (and my wife) were right.

Ya I baby this car and for this to happen just sickens me. I almost passed out at the scene of it.

Does anyone in NTEC doubt whether Trade Secret can match the "off" white of the front aluminum fender? Us 8 and 9 guys know how the front fenders of a white Evo do not quite match the rest of the car. I am worried that it will never match right after this and I doubt my insurance will pay to have both fenders matched, or whatever it would take to make it look "right".....The damage is only on passengers side front fender to clarify things.
I don't know about Trade Secret specifically (I can tell you in a week when they finish my car), but any decent body shop should blend anything on the same sight plane, which would be the hood, and feather the paint to match at both sides. Your insurance company should pay to blend at least the hood and the door, especially if the fender is replaced. Keep in mind they will not blend to the front bumper (if it's not damaged) since they are made of different materials. Your insurance should cover this.

Do you have any pictures of the damage you could upload?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BambiTLK
I don't know about Trade Secret specifically (I can tell you in a week when they finish my car), but any decent body shop should blend anything on the same sight plane, which would be the hood, and feather the paint to match at both sides. Your insurance company should pay to blend at least the hood and the door, especially if the fender is replaced. Keep in mind they will not blend to the front bumper (if it's not damaged) since they are made of different materials. Your insurance should cover this.

Do you have any pictures of the damage you could upload?
Yes I will upload pics soon.

I completely understand what you're saying. I will elaborate more with pictures, the damage isnt horrible, just requires repainting.

The whole incident was so unnecessary.

The main damage is right above the pass front wheel on the front pass fender. We're talking a wheel to wheel incident here. The passenger mirror is busted. And a little damage to rear pass door but thank goodness its not too bad there. The wheel as mentioned in my original post is shredded. No mechanical damage whatsoever, although I will be listening for a bad bearing from that corner for the next several months.

I am mainly talking about blending the fender together to match. The whole fender shouldn't even have to be painted. Since its aluminum and an off white (as is the drivers side) compared with the rest of the car. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Russell K; Mar 25, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:02 PM

Yes I will upload pics soon.

I completely understand what you're saying. I will elaborate more with pictures, the damage isnt horrible, just requires repainting.

The whole incident was so unnecessary.

The main damage is right above the pass front wheel on the front pass fender. We're talking a wheel to wheel incident here. And a little damage to rear pass door but thank goodness its not too bad there. The wheel as mentioned in my original post is shredded. No mechanical damage whatsoever, although I will be listening for a bad bearing from that corner for the next several months.

I am mainly talking about blending the fender together to match. The whole fender shouldn't even have to be painted. Since its aluminum and an off white (as is the drivers side) compared with the rest of the car. I hope that makes sense.
The whole fender will be painted if it is the only panel damaged. Depending on where the damage is, they can feather new paint within the panel to eliminate the need to blend, but a majority of the time, a blend will be the best option. The entire fender will get a full clear (clear coat) regardless.

If there's a direct impact to the wheel, you should also have a full alignment done to make sure there is no suspension damage.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...r-evo-dfw.html
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

If there's a direct impact to the wheel, you should also have a full alignment done to make sure there is no suspension damage.
^ This. If they hit the wheel with enough force to damage it, there could be any number of small things that gave way just enough to be not right. They should get the car up and thoroughly inspect the suspension and steering pieces on that corner to ensure none of them were tweaked.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help guys. Seriously.

I have checked the front suspension. Nothing bent, and the car steers amazingly straight and tight as before.

I will take pics of the wheel once its back from Trade Secret. I took it there today. I really appreciate all the help finding these guys. I didnt take pics of the body damage, it is pretty light. I think it was a subconscious "thing" to not take pictures of the damage.....

Looks like I am getting some new wheels. Progressive may pay for one, but thats a whole 'nother story. I will take pics of the damaged wheel when its back. The damage is only the on the face of the wheel. But its major. The spokes "stick out" further than the tire on these wheels giving it a slight concave look. It hard to describe. No damage to the good 'ole A046 tire whatsoever.

I am taking it to PTP after I get new wheels and will have them do an alignment and will pay if I have to for a thorough inspection of the front end once its out of Trade Secret. I wont waste any time getting this accomplished lol.

Last edited by Russell K; Mar 27, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:58 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Seriously.

I have checked the front suspension. Nothing bent, and the car steers amazingly straight and tight as before.

I will take pics of the wheel once its back from Trade Secret. I took it there today. I really appreciate all the help finding these guys. I didnt take pics of the body damage, it is pretty light. I think it was a subconscious "thing" to not take pictures of the damage.....

Looks like I am getting some new wheels. Progressive may pay for one, but thats a whole 'nother story. I will take pics of the damaged wheel when its back. The damage is only the on the face of the wheel. But its major. The spokes "stick out" further than the tire on these wheels giving it a slight concave look. It hard to describe. No damage to the good 'ole A046 tire whatsoever.

I am taking it to PTP after I get new wheels and will have them do an alignment and will pay if I have to for a thorough inspection of the front end once its out of Trade Secret. I wont waste any time getting this accomplished lol.
Your insurance company should cover the alignment, which would reveal any underlying suspension issues.

I'm assuming the wheels have been discontinued or are no longer made?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Your insurance company should cover the alignment, which would reveal any underlying suspension issues.

I'm assuming the wheels have been discontinued or are no longer made?
Yes I actually did talk to the insurance about an alignment. They agreed to pay for an alignment if Trade Secret thinks it needs it.

And yes the wheels are very very discontinued. JIC barely made any when they did produce them. They were only around $1000 a set new and I purchased them from someone who bought them and didnt like them for $900 shipped. I called and talked to the VP of JIC Usa and he personally checked for me and there are zero new wheels out there. He even kept me on the phone as he checked their warehouse. He then called Japan and called me back very quickly. I was impressed he did that for me.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:53 AM

Yes I actually did talk to the insurance about an alignment. They agreed to pay for an alignment if Trade Secret thinks it needs it.

And yes the wheels are very very discontinued. JIC barely made any when they did produce them. They were only around $1000 a set new and I purchased them from someone who bought them and didnt like them for $900 shipped. I called and talked to the VP of JIC Usa and he personally checked for me and there are zero new wheels out there. He even kept me on the phone as he checked their warehouse. He then called Japan and called me back very quickly. I was impressed he did that for me.
Progressive will pay for an alignment anytime there's a direct impact to a wheel, so push for it if you have to.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

I am absolutely exhausted atm. I have been on the phone with Progressive and Trade Secret for the second day now.

I want to ask you guys something without making a long drawn out story because I simply atm do not have the patience to tell you whats going on.

Here it is - Does trade secret's work really "stand out" above the rest ?

This better be the best damn paint job I have ever seen, thats all I've got to say at this point.

Once this fiasco is finished I will let you guys know the full story.

Trade Secrets communication between employees and the insurance has been horrible at best. Thats all I can and will say atm.

I dont want to seem like I am ungrateful for steering me towards Trade Secret, but how I have been treated by those guys this week is purely unacceptable.

I want to be persistent with Progressive and Trade Secret to make this whole situation right.

All I want is a formal apology and I will be happy. I want people to accept responsibility for their actions.

This has been absolutely the worst case scenario in my mind. The situation should have been made easier for me, and instead has brought me to the point of breaking down.

Last edited by Russell K; Apr 7, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Lets do this - I will pour my heart out here why not?

Without me constantly calling Trade Secret for an update I would know NOTHING at this point. My car has been ready since the 3rd, only waiting on venture shield. It will take less than two hours to reapply the venture shield. Its only on the front fenders, and trim a damaged part of the bumper cover. Thats all that has to be done! On Monday I was told it would be ready Friday. I have not heard anything from them since Monday. On Friday no one knew anything. If I hadnt of called, they wouldn't of even called me. My car wont be ready until next week sometime. I still cannot get a concrete day when the venture shield guy will show up. The guy taking care of me at Trade Secret (Anthony) hasn't called me at all this week and let me know what is going on. He hasn't even been there at least two, possibly three days this week. I don't know, I didn't call Wednesday or Thursday, I had no reason to I thought. So no one at Trade Secret knew anything about what was going on with my car but Anthony, and if they cant get ahold of him, then what now? They know nothing without him being there at the office. Oh, and while Anthony is off, he does not answer voice mail, they cant get ahold of him even if they wanted to! This is NOT how you run a business.

So bottom line is - my car sits at Trade Secret as we speak because Anthony is out of the office and Trade Secret is powerless to deal with progressive or myself without Anthony?

I fully understand the paint may need time to cure. I was told by Anthony at Trade Secret that I could pick up my car when its done and bring it back for the venture shield. Progressive had cleared Trade Secret to release it, and as of this morning the owner Tom will not release it because he says Progressive hasnt paid him. I dont know whats going on there? Progressive says he should release it, and Tom says no......They each are telling me a different story?

This is all so unprofessional imo.

Here's another thing bothering me - The day of the tornadoes (tuesday) I call, and ask to please move my car inside. The woman at trade secret tells me:

"Well we will get all the Audis, Ferraris, and Maseratis in and maybe have room for yours? I dunno I will have to call you back." Two hours later I have to call them back to see whats happening. They DID pull the car in - which I appreciate very much! They are also going to keep it covered while waiting on a two hour job for over a week. At least that's what I was told, I cannot confirm what they're doing, I am not there. I was told by Tom that this morning who had no clue what was going on, I had to tell him the whole story. Oh yeah, Toms the owner btw!

I know its "only" an Evo. But its never been in the rain - EVER - and has only 22k miles. For reasons I would rather not get into here this will be the last (new) car I will ever be able to own. I treat it very well, that's the understatement of the year right there lol.

And as far as Progressive - I have never heard from the Adjuster "Paul" or as I call him at this point P-DBag. Thats all I have to say about Progressive. I didnt expect Progressive to treat me well, but no communication from them is just strange wouldnt you say? Paul and Anthony supposedly made arrangements to release the car on Wednesday to me and I would come back to have the Venture Shield applied. I was told this by Brian at Progressive's Arlington office. I was also told this morning by Progressive (cant remember his name) that the car was AGAIN released yesterday to me. Same situation as Wednesday.

Then why is Tom telling me NO to picking it up today ? I am so confused, mad, and nervous right now.

Maybe I am over reacting here, I want to know what you guys think.

Last edited by Russell K; Apr 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Plz Help