Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Long Island/NYC area Autocross Events for August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2006, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long Island/NYC area Autocross Events for August

With summer half way finished, you may be asking yourself how can I join in the fun before the days get shorter and shorter?

On Sunday August 6, 2006, the New York Region of the SCCA is holding a limited entry autocross at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. Our course designers came up with a nice twist that surely will add some challenge to this event. As we are space limited, pre-registration is highly encouraged and may be completed at:

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...39298604352522

If you can't make that one, a novice school and a test and tune session will be held on Sunday August 20, 2006 after 'Evolution School Weekend', which is on Friday and Saturday, August 18-19, 2006.

The test and tune will be held on Sunday, August 20, 2006 and will run from approximately 8AM to 4:30 PM. With the entry fee of $50.00, we will provide the equivalent seat time of two to three events on what promises to be a very technical and challenging course encompassing many course elements that can be found at bigger events. Many local autocrossers expressed a desire for just such a session prior to heading out to Topeka, so here it is!

Admission to either the novice school or the test and tune session is by ***pre-payment and pre-registration only***. A confirmation e-mail will be sent once your payment has cleared and your registration has been approved.

We are limiting the number of total participants to thirty (30) so that your driving time is maximized. We are also offering a very limited number of novice school spots to go hand in hand with the test and tune. Please do not expect to show up on August 20th and simply "walk up" to register for the school or the test and tune.

For anyone interested in participating in either the test and tune or novice school, pre-payment and pre-registration information can be found at :

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...56376378101695

Finally, to close out the month, the NY chapter of the BMW Car Club of America is holding an autocross on Saturday, August 26 at Nassau Coliseum. Though their classing structure is obviously geared towards BMW's, they are a very welcoming bunch and provide some great competition to boot!

If there are any questions about this, please send me an e-mail/PM or reply here.

See ya out there!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know its been 5 years but I witness some action at the coliseum yesterday while coming home from school so its still very active saw a lil Miata ripping it.