Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

York, PA Meet & Show in October

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitsubishi Motors Club of York, PA
October Meet & Show
Sponsored by York Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Motors Club of York, PA will be holding their 2006 October Meet & Show Saturday October 14th at the Starlight Diner/Dicks Sporting Goods Parking Lot. It will be held in conjunction with the Motor Menders Car Club of York, PA Cruise Night. Set up will begin around 4:30 pm with the Meet & Show beginning between 4:30 and 5:00. Awards will be presented around 6:30 with the event lasting until around 7:00.

Over 200 cars total will be on hand. Radios stations will be broadcasting feeds from the Meet & Show along with a handful of vendors on display. Last Cruise Night we had 37 Mitsubishi vehicles show up and we expecting about 50 this time. York Mitsubishi will be the title sponsor for the event.

It will be a Meet setting with a Show flair. Everyone is invited to attend and all Mitsubishi vehicles are welcomed. Of the vehicles in attendance that choose to be available for trophies, three awards will be given. A Judges Choice Award (Judge Determines Winner), Peoples Choice Award (Mitsu Owners Who Attend Choose Winner, and the Triple Diamond Award (the car that best exemplifies the spirit of Mitsubishi). A very small monetary fee (to the Motor Menders Organization) may be needed to be eligible for trophies. An additional email will be sent once I get that information. If you do not wish for your vehicle to be eligible that is ok and NO FEE is required. This is a day to enjoy owning any Mitsubishi and everyone is welcomed to attend.

York Mitsubishi will have their company show car on display at their booth starting at 4:30. It is the 2006 Ralliart USA Mitsubishi Evo IX MR. (www.ralliartusa.com) This car was factory built by Mitsubishi Motors North America and is a one off production. This is THE only example in North America and it was displayed by Mitsubishi at the 2005 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. York Mitsubishi will also have a new Evo IX Special Edition on display as well as the new Galant Ralliart. Other vendor cars will be on display including the CBRD Speedfactory Evo VIII MR.

If you plan on attending please contact me and let me know. Space will be limited. We will try to have room for up to 50 Mitsubishis. Again, we expect about 200 cars total. Other cars attending include a handful of Japanese and European Sportscars, Corvettes, Ferraris, Mustangs, Porsches, Vipers, and numerous other Muscle cars and Street Rods. The Meet & Show will be held in the parking lot of the Starlight Diner and Dicks Sporting Goods in York, PA. They are located on Route 30 (Loucks Road) in York, PA next to the Olive Garden and across from the West Manchester Mall. In the past we have had Evo 8’s and 9’s, Galants, Eclipses, Mirages, Endeavors, Outlanders, Starions, 3000GT’s and even a genuine Evo 4 and a RHD Galant VR4 Twin Turbo. I hope to have an even better variety this time.

This will be the largest Event ever held by the Mitsubishi Motors Club of York, PA and I hope you can all be apart of it!

-Derek Meluzio
Mitsubishi Motors Club of York, PA
York Mitsubishi
717-846-2222 x258
dmeluzio22@aol.com

Previous Meet Pictures can be viewed at the following websites:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/449039/3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/449039/5
http://www.yorkmitsubishi.com then click “Owners Club”

Old Aug 30, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

I will respond to each email individually but for now to help answer a few questions:

This will basically be a meet like we have had in the past. We will all get there and park together. We will all park around the York Mitsubishi Pop Up Tent. However, it is like always but there will be about 150 other cars on the parking lot with us.

It is a meet as usual and a casual atmosphere with the addition of, if you want to be eligible for a trophy you can be. Many of us just like to hang out and enjoy our cars but also a bunch of people asked about having a reward for some of their hard work, so we will be giving out three trophies.

If you have more questions let me know but this will be like always only a bit more Mitsu's, and a lot of other cool cars.

Do not forget chairs and blankets and food. It is from 4-ish to 7-ish so lots of guys will be "tailgating" there for dinner.

Thanks,

Derek

Last edited by dmeluzio22; Aug 30, 2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

There is NO FEE to have your car eligible for Awards. You just have to register at the Motor Menders Table and get your entry number.

If your car is not eligible for awards that is OK as always, you can still park in the Club area by the Tent.

By being the sponsor of the event we get trophies to award so that is why we have added them for this meet.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

I will be arriving at the meet around 4:00 to set up the canopy. Around 4:30 is when the rest of the people will start getting there.

Hope that answers your question .
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im going to try to have our 2.3 liter car there... (it all depends on whether we can work in the shop beforehand)...

otherwise it will just be our black evo ix.....and exige...

hope to meet lots of people there!

cb
Old Sep 5, 2006, 01:34 PM

It's not every day you get to participate in a car meet/show such as this. I live right outside of Philly and am always interested in going local meets. And on top of that I just traded in my 05 EVO for an 06 EVO IX SE, so I gotta bring it out...

I have gone to many York Mitsubishi Motors club meets and they all have been very exciting and informative. And that was without all the extra hype that will be found at the October meet. If you are a car enthusiast...come down. It is well worth it!

diamonds are forever
Old Sep 7, 2006, 06:26 AM

Cool, this is great.. gives me over a month to get the Vr4 up and road worthy.. hell even if its not I have access to a trailer so I'll be there regardless. Anyone planning on making the drive up from the DC area with me? The drive isnt bad rt 83 is great for spirited driving
Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

OK, I was kind of excited before, now I am really excited. Really hope to see you there Bernard. I am not sure why but man o man I love a right hand drive car!! Bad ***.

Thanks, see ya there!!!

Man I love that thing!!!!!

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

I will most likely be there.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

"PA-silver03evo

Drives: GG Evo IX SE"

Yeah you do beeeeooootch. I love that thing! Hope to see you there.

Last edited by dmeluzio22; Sep 7, 2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Haha. Will try my best!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

OZlancer1 will be there as well.

mmmmmmmmmm turbo Lancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mante
Anyone planning on making the drive up from the DC area with me? The drive isnt bad rt 83 is great for spirited driving
Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
I will most likely be there.
I'll try to tag along too
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mante
Cool, this is great.. gives me over a month to get the Vr4 up and road worthy.. hell even if its not I have access to a trailer so I'll be there regardless. Anyone planning on making the drive up from the DC area with me? The drive isnt bad rt 83 is great for spirited driving

Driving from Philly is a breeze compared to you guys from DC... Anyone gonna make the drive up from the Philly area?? No excuses philly drivers...
Old Sep 9, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

I was not going to be able to attend as of two weeks ago, now it looks like I may be in attendence.

Quick Reply: York, PA Meet & Show in October