Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
I told you already, to fix your problem you probably need a new clutch.
Clutch is 2-3 months old, I can't see going to something else when other people have been able to solve their problems (at least mostly) with this stuff.

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Also, you can put in a SS clutch line and remove the restrictor (can't remember if you did or not), adjust the clutch rod underneath the dash, and set a NLTS shift point in ECU Flash. All should help (along with the bushings as mentioned).
I do have the SS line, the restrictor I have no idea about, don't know how to adjust the clutch rod and I have NLTS in my tune, but had it turned off by JB due to my trip home. Which reminds me...

...Turco, are you still willing to turn on whatever it is that needs to be turned on in my ECU for me to pass inspection? I'm not 100% clear, but doing that AND the antifouler to the o2 sensor will be all I need?

Ugh, to many things going on at once. Sorry to be a pain Turco
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola
Clutch is 2-3 months old, I can't see going to something else when other people have been able to solve their problems (at least mostly) with this stuff.

I do have the SS line, the restrictor I have no idea about, don't know how to adjust the clutch rod and I have NLTS in my tune, but had it turned off by JB due to my trip home. Which reminds me...

...Turco, are you still willing to turn on whatever it is that needs to be turned on in my ECU for me to pass inspection? I'm not 100% clear, but doing that AND the antifouler to the o2 sensor will be all I need?

Ugh, to many things going on at once. Sorry to be a pain Turco
Yeah i can turn the periphery bit back on. You wont need an antifouler you just need the o2 sensor plugged in to pass the heater check.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah i can turn the periphery bit back on. You wont need an antifouler you just need the o2 sensor plugged in to pass the heater check.
What about my CEL? I have an o2 plugged into the HFC but my CEL came on within like 4 hours of driving when I installed the exhaust...
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What about my CEL? I have an o2 plugged into the HFC but my CEL came on within like 4 hours of driving when I installed the exhaust...
it wont come on. The O2 routine is spoofed with hard coded non-CEL tripping values. The heater circuit cannot be spoofed if the ECU expects it. You need something to physically connect the circuit which is why you can just keep the o2 sensor plugged in or use a resistor.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

it wont come on. The O2 routine is spoofed with hard coded non-CEL tripping values. The heater circuit cannot be spoofed if the ECU expects it. You need something to physically connect the circuit which is why you can just keep the o2 sensor plugged in or use a resistor.
Ahhh, okay. Well when ever I come see you I will bring my paperwork from the inspection just so you can be sure there is nothing else weird about it. I beleive it's at my house. Sorry to be such a pain man. This week is dragging and I'm dead tired.

Appreciate your help/patience!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i dont really need the inspection stuff. I know what JB turned off. I just need to pull your rom and change a few bits and when you get it reinspected it should pass no problem.

Speaking of which i did an emissions test on my car using the scanner. EGR definitely shows up as "no applicable" so that **** is coming out of the car! love it!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

i dont really need the inspection stuff. I know what JB turned off. I just need to pull your rom and change a few bits and when you get it reinspected it should pass no problem.

Speaking of which i did an emissions test on my car using the scanner. EGR definitely shows up as "no applicable" so that **** is coming out of the car! love it!
Sounds good to me. Thanks again, I owe you.

On another note, there was a chili contest today at work, just tried them all out, whew my mouth is on FIRE! Should make for an interesting evening!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

teh evo is ready

warranty is covering most of it. i have to pay a little but its not much, so i'm pretty happy. from what al told me, they basically did a 60k, so i should be good till 90k.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
teh evo is ready

warranty is covering most of it. i have to pay a little but its not much, so i'm pretty happy. from what al told me, they basically did a 60k, so i should be good till 90k.
what did they make you pay for?! You shouldn't pay for anything.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

what did they make you pay for?! You shouldn't pay for anything.
i think they are just charging me for the belts they replaced. only something like 80 bucks. for some reason i never really catch everything al says on the phone lol.

i think that is fairly reasonable. i probably *could* fight it, but imo its not worth it. 80 bucks to get my problem fixed and defer the 60k service for 30k isn't bad. esp since what they did would have normally cost me like 600-800.

EDIT: i didnt pick up the evo yet.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

whatever, its your money. is the noise actually gone now?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

I had to pay for my belts when they did my warranty service. They tech was told to reuse the belts. Um hello...faulty t-belt tensioner leaked and caused the belt to skip 2 teeth on the exh cam. There was even fluid residue on the belt. Paying for the belts was effortless on my part, but ashamed Mitsu would not cover the belts. I hear you Paul. $80 for not having to worry for the next 60k = priceless in my book
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I had to pay for my belts when they did my warranty service. They tech was told to reuse the belts. Um hello...faulty t-belt tensioner leaked and caused the belt to skip 2 teeth on tehexh cam. There was even fluid residue on the belt. Paying for the belts was effortless on my part, but ashamed Mitsu would not cover the belts. I hear you Paul. $80 for not having to worry for the next 60k = priceless in my book
That is such bull
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

I could have told you that. I just passed inspection with the "new" protocol. It definitely says "not applicable" for EGR on my printout.

Sounds good to me. Thanks again, I owe you.
Do you have a cable? I thought you did...in that case, turco could just fix it and you could flash it back yourself.

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
teh evo is ready

Sounds reasonable, but i doubt they replaced the water pump (unless THAT was the noise source).

Just make sure they aren't screwing you!

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I had to pay for my belts when they did my warranty service. They tech was told to reuse the belts. Um hello...faulty t-belt tensioner leaked and caused the belt to skip 2 teeth on the exh cam. There was even fluid residue on the belt. Paying for the belts was effortless on my part, but ashamed Mitsu would not cover the belts. I hear you Paul. $80 for not having to worry for the next 60k = priceless in my book
I agree that paying for the belts is a small price to pay...and i guess they aren't REQUIRED to change the belt, but that's just shady business.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerhed
I could have told you that. I just passed inspection with the "new" protocol. It definitely says "not applicable" for EGR on my printout.
I didnt know you had inspection. Good to know it is actually verified. I want to turn off EVAP and see if it passes.

Do you have a cable? I thought you did...in that case, turco could just fix it and you could flash it back yourself.
If thats the case just email me the rom and i will make the necessary changes then you can flash it back. paypal and all major credit cards are accepted

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread