Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Wanting to put Together an Evo Club outside of Philly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris@JNZtuning
Looks like it's going to rain tonight...

If you guys are interested there's an autocross in Warminster on Sunday. I know a couple of Evos are showing up for it.
OMG, someone else in an Evo from here wants to Solo, thats pretty rare JK, although I have been battling STis for almost 3 years now with no help from the Evo communities until really this year when finally a bunch of Evolutions have showed up.

Anway, Warminster is a great course and I'll be there of course as will alwaysinboost running STU (2nd heat AM session). Check out www.phillyscca.com for more info on autocross and pre-registration info.

I think the best spot for a meet would be the Montgomeryville Mall. There is an upper lot behind the Walgreen's shopping center that is vacant all year long, even during Christmas and its a very good size. Plus its shielded from the road so if you don't know about the meet you can't just stop in, which would keep alot of the kiddies and ricers away. In fact the I have suggested this lot to the site acquisition group for the Philly region to autocross on for next year.

I'm not sure how many meets I could make since I have 2 kids and am typically out in the shop after the kids go to bed from 9 to the wee hours of the morning working on these lovely cars plus others. It would be cool to get to know more of you and put faces to names.

I typically try to organize go-kart days to at Mid-Atlantic GP in Delaware and will be doing one at the new one in Allentown (Lehigh Valley GP) but, it seems that most people enjoy standing in parking lots more rather than racing
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured you'd show up for this Adam. Erik and I will be there as well. I'll be the guy in the black Evo hitting all the cones.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris@JNZtuning
I figured you'd show up for this Adam. Erik and I will be there as well. I'll be the guy in the black Evo hitting all the cones.
HAHA, cool. What class will you be running? I assume STU since you already installed a TBE? A MBC is illegal in STU but, if you run Non-Comp then it doesn't really matter and you can run STU-NC. Otherwise the next class up is BSP and then SM. STU is an awesome class that is VERY competitive plus costs are kept within reason due to the restriction on engine mods, although I have spent a small fortune suspension, tires and wheels
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:17 AM

The Meet Will be Held NEXT i REPEAT NEXT TUESDAY !!! i should have my car back by then and ready to rip
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:18 AM

Thts the spot i was talking about. !!!

Originally Posted by evo8dad
OMG, someone else in an Evo from here wants to Solo, thats pretty rare JK, although I have been battling STis for almost 3 years now with no help from the Evo communities until really this year when finally a bunch of Evolutions have showed up.

Anway, Warminster is a great course and I'll be there of course as will alwaysinboost running STU (2nd heat AM session). Check out www.phillyscca.com for more info on autocross and pre-registration info.

I think the best spot for a meet would be the Montgomeryville Mall. There is an upper lot behind the Walgreen's shopping center that is vacant all year long, even during Christmas and its a very good size. Plus its shielded from the road so if you don't know about the meet you can't just stop in, which would keep alot of the kiddies and ricers away. In fact the I have suggested this lot to the site acquisition group for the Philly region to autocross on for next year.

I'm not sure how many meets I could make since I have 2 kids and am typically out in the shop after the kids go to bed from 9 to the wee hours of the morning working on these lovely cars plus others. It would be cool to get to know more of you and put faces to names.

I typically try to organize go-kart days to at Mid-Atlantic GP in Delaware and will be doing one at the new one in Allentown (Lehigh Valley GP) but, it seems that most people enjoy standing in parking lots more rather than racing
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Cool, then the Montogomery Mall it is. What time are you thinking?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkEvo2007
The Meet Will be Held NEXT i REPEAT NEXT TUESDAY !!! i should have my car back by then and ready to rip
Ok, that should work for me. I'm awfully tired tonight anyways. Maybe tonight I'll go check out a car club that meets in Allentown. I think they are mostly Subaru guys though . So just name the time and location for next Tues and I'll be there. Good luck getting your car fixed.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be there as well...
Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
you're in Danbury CT, thats about a 5 hour one way drive for a meet...
I know but I go to school at EASTERN UNIVERSITY in ST. DAVIDS, PA which is like 2 min from the KOP mall. And its only a 2hr and 30min drive from here back to Danbury CT . But okay, looks like the meet got pushed foward. cool.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:34 PM

yo thiago its right by my house bro so just meet up there. im planing to meet from 7 Till whenever. we can cruise up to KOP the meet is still going on.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

^hmm... is anyone actually from philly?

i'd like to meet up some time but work keeps me so busy that it's hard to even go 45min away for a few hours. ah well.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Most of us are outside the city. I drove all the way to Yardley for a meet...you can make the drive out this way.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone wants to meet up in S. Jersey (Cherry Hill area), there are meets every Tuesday night at 8 with guys from Tri-State Tuners. Or if you wanted to start up our own meets, the location that they use is pretty prime. Its an abandoned Home Depot parking lot so room is not really an issue haha. Let me know what you guys think.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:37 PM
Account Disabled

Well if I'm not working I'll probably show up to see what's going on. I've been to some borders meets. This is perfect since I live in Lansdale. Let me know a time. I'll be subscribed.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

As of now it looks like we'll start this up at 7pm next Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Wanting to put Together an Evo Club outside of Philly