Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

NJ Shop/Tuners - Iveytune vs. Turbotrix

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo11V
Lucky from Linden?
yep... in case of emergency , a great tune is 5 minutes away
Old Mar 22, 2008, 08:41 PM
Account Disabled

same here lol
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Turbotrix here.. Never had any problems with them.. Mark is a great tuner never had any problems with him, along with jeff and keith they are all great guys!!. Thanks to them i went 9.2 on my first pass followed by a 9.1 right after last season.. 08 will be only better. They have worked on my car since the begininng when the car was basically stock all the way to what it is now. Then they worked on my DD Evo 9 and again no problems. and now my Evo X... And will continue to have mark tune my car and all cars i will own. Every one is just a bunch of haters. TURBOTRIX FTMFW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 06 MR
Turbotrix here.. Never had any problems with them.. Mark is a great tuner never had any problems with him, along with jeff and keith they are all great guys!!. Thanks to them i went 9.2 on my first pass followed by a 9.1 right after last season.. 08 will be only better. They have worked on my car since the begininng when the car was basically stock all the way to what it is now. Then they worked on my DD Evo 9 and again no problems. and now my Evo X... And will continue to have mark tune my car and all cars i will own. Every one is just a bunch of haters. TURBOTRIX FTMFW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to stab at you but I would hope one would get good service when you fork over $$ like you have. From what I've seen most tuners/shop owners forget the in between guys and dont give them great service because they are focusing on their racing and their big customers. I was getting a tune once (back a few years) and someone actually went before me because they were one of their I guess you can call them an Elite Platinum Customer.

Nothing against, just brought up something I've seen and was victim to in the past.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:40 PM

Sean all day every day... FTW!!!

TT not only doesn't give a sh*t about their customer's cars but they also f*ck it up and charge you more than what they quoted... I had cams installed on my IX + a dyno tune & I was totaly dissatisfied with their level of customer service. They jacked up my cam gear cover & gave me a crappy tune. During the tune I was told that I had bad gas and thats why my car wasn't making any power. I understand that they have other appointments but really... they could'nt let me take my car off for 10 mins to get gas??? Anway, their solution was to add some race gas to the apparently sh*tty gas and tune it that way. After that tank ran out, my car ran like total garbage.(like they didn't know that was gonna happen) It was all Ivey from then on & I WILL NEVER GO BACK! He really does take the time to give you the best advise possible & would never lead you in the wrong direction. My retune felt incredible & got me a 12.2 the 1st time I ever went to the track. I have another appointment this Wednesday to get my freshly install Green tuned with the V Pro... Cant wait

Ivey customer for life!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:43 PM

I agree with him IVEY all the way Better Service too.

Originally Posted by AntsilverevoIX
Sean all day every day... FTW!!!

TT not only doesn't give a sh*t about their customer's cars but they also f*ck it up and charge you more than what they quoted... I had cams installed on my IX + a dyno tune & I was totaly dissatisfied with their level of customer service. They jacked up my cam gear cover & gave me a crappy tune. During the tune I was told that I had bad gas and thats why my car wasn't making any power. I understand that they have other appointments but really... they could'nt let me take my car off for 10 mins to get gas??? Anway, their solution was to add some race gas to the apparently sh*tty gas and tune it that way. After that tank ran out, my car ran like total garbage.(like they didn't know that was gonna happen) It was all Ivey from then on & I WILL NEVER GO BACK! He really does take the time to give you the best advise possible & would never lead you in the wrong direction. My retune felt incredible & got me a 12.2 the 1st time I ever went to the track. I have another appointment this Wednesday to get my freshly install Green tuned with the V Pro... Cant wait

Ivey customer for life!
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Trubotrix is a joke. I had a 2.3 and a 50 trim installed and the setup didn't even last a year before it **** the bed. Not to mention the dual ball bearing turbo that I was told I was purchasing turned out to be a non ball bearing turbo and my engine has multiple oil leaks. The turbo is completly shot and needs to be replaced. All of his in 5-6k miles, no track, no auto cross and no drag strip. My car is now at another shop and it's going to cost me thousands of dollars to fix all of it.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:45 AM

Ivey ****s on TT
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

IVEY is the man..... taking my car back there SOON!! i cant wait....
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Not trying to stab at you but I would hope one would get good service when you fork over $$ like you have. From what I've seen most tuners/shop owners forget the in between guys and dont give them great service because they are focusing on their racing and their big customers. I was getting a tune once (back a few years) and someone actually went before me because they were one of their I guess you can call them an Elite Platinum Customer.

Nothing against, just brought up something I've seen and was victim to in the past.
+1... Sean always treats every customer the same. He has the best customer service. ALWAYS treats his customers like his friends. He is the best hands down.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Ivey is the man.

What are we at now 32-2?

I have been tuned at turbotrix twice, ivey once officially although we tried to do it 2-3 times

Scorke
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:23 AM

Ivey for sure.

I was reflashed in 2006 by TT and had good results. I went back to them in 07 to get a green installed and a reflash. They said my ECU was messed up and I would have to buy a new ECU or AEM EMS. It also had a electrical draw they couldnt find. After I got the car back I looked in the engine bay and there were parts missing (misc screws). I took my car to a local shop around me and they found the electrical problem right away. I took it to Ivey last week to have him reflash it. Oh boy, it tuns out he was able to tune my car. It feels faster than ever now. He took time to actually talk to me and it felt like I was welcome there rather than a pest in the shop. Plus no sick dogs running around the shop.

Ivey is the best the way to go!
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USMCEVO
Ivey for sure.

I was reflashed in 2006 by TT and had good results. I went back to them in 07 to get a green installed and a reflash. They said my ECU was messed up and I would have to buy a new ECU or AEM EMS. It also had a electrical draw they couldnt find. After I got the car back I looked in the engine bay and there were parts missing (misc screws). I took my car to a local shop around me and they found the electrical problem right away. I took it to Ivey last week to have him reflash it. Oh boy, it tuns out he was able to tune my car. It feels faster than ever now. He took time to actually talk to me and it felt like I was welcome there rather than a pest in the shop. Plus no sick dogs running around the shop.

Ivey is the best the way to go!

Waiting to get my car back anyday now... you probably saw mine there (Airborne Plates).
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Waiting to get my car back anyday now... you probably saw mine there (Airborne Plates).
youre going to LOVE it.... just noticed youre in pompton plains.... haha im in parsippany!!
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
youre going to LOVE it.... just noticed youre in pompton plains.... haha im in parsippany!!

YEzz sir!

Quick Reply: NJ Shop/Tuners - Iveytune vs. Turbotrix