Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Anyone have any bad exp's with Westborough Mitsu?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any bad exp's with Westborough Mitsu?

I posted this in their Vendor Section, but I don't think anyone really looks there. I was just looking for some quick feedback.

I'm sorry to say this, but so far I haven't been having a pleasant experience with Westborough Mitsubishi. Heres the story:

My girlfriend calls Westborough Mitsu because she has gone there many times before to get her 1999 Eclipse GS-T Spyder serviced (it has 44k on it to this day) and she has talked to a few different people there about buying an Evo in the past. The phone call was completely random because she was in the market of buying an evo finally and it was on 4/17/08. She called asking if they had any evo's in stock that weren't X's and they happened to have an IX there that they just got in on a trade. So we told them we'd be down in the morning (she called a half an hour before they were about to close) to come look at it and see if it meets our standards (no mods, clean, no damage).

We were there at 9AM on 4/18/08, I called out of work just so we could go get this car because I figured a stock 06' Evo IX with 18k on it wouldn't be there much longer so I wanted to make sure we got there before anyone else. So we show up and asked around, and there it was, a perfectly clean STOCK evo IX with low mileage that didn't look like its been abused at all. However they didn't offer to let us test drive the car or anything. We're customers just like anyone else and were completely serious about buying the car, and well we talked some numbers, didn't get what I wanted from the dealer so I went to my bank got what I needed to get and came back with a check for Westborough Mitsubishi.

In the mean time, they didn't expect us to register/insure the car nor pay for the car in the same day. So they didn't detail it much, nor even look it over to make sure everything was O.K. I'm not much of a picky person or anything and the car was mainly for my girlfriend, I'm perfectly fine with what I drive and I wasn't really looking for an evo either way.

However when we left there and told them plain and simple that we planned on taking the car home THAT DAY, they said sure thats fine (seemed like they just thought we were just window shopping or something and weren't going to come back with any money).

So when it came down to it and we called them 15 minutes before we arrived with the check, they quickly washed the car and expected us to drive it home... (yea whatever I could care less I'm not that picky of a person, but I didn't expect the service to be that lame at a dealership, I've personally never bought a car at any dealership so I guess I may have expected a bit more than what they normally do).

So we signed some papers and off we went. I drove it off the lot because my girlfriend still wasn't a pro at driving a 5spd but it was the car of her dreams so I figured I'd make it happen. Anyway... drove it off the lot and already noticed that it was making a weird whining noise and that all three ACD lights were on for some reason and I couldn't switch between the settings. I've never driven an AWD car before so I thought that might have been normal. There was no owners manual in the car so I looked it up online and found out that the ACD most likely needs to be serviced.

Come to find out, later on my buddy went for a ride in it (he's had an evo before) and right off the bat he just told me to pull over and/or try not to drive the car much because it sounded like the tranny/rear end might have something seriously wrong with it. So I parked it at home, and didn't drive it. So I went over some regular maintanence items, such as; oil, air filter, tires, brakes, and what not. Oil level was seriously low and black as hell, the rear passenger side brake rotor wasn't cutting right, and the damn wipers were $hit (like I said I'm not a picky person seriously, I drive two 91 MR2's that have aged quite a bit, but come on, they didn't even look this stuff over at all!), it just pissed me off, and when my girlfriend found out she flipped a screw because its an 06' with 18k on it, its practically new!

So we called and called and called, and Bill D. our salesman never returned any phone calls. Finally got a call back scheduled to drop it off on Wednesday (Service dep. is awesome, have dealt with them in the past didn't expect them to give us any problems with whatever needed to be done). So we dropped off the car and the horror story continues, we don't hear anything from them for the first 2 days, so my girlfriend gives them a call to see whats up, the service dept said "well Bill was supposed to give you a call to let you know what happened", well we never got that call....

Anyway there was no fluid in the transfer case and the car is still under warranty so they are replacing it free of charge, fixing the rear passenger side brake, and hopfully detailing it, inspecting it, and fixing whatever other little things that might tick someone off (like the wipers). Hopefully we'll have the car back by Tuesday 4/29/08.

Thats my experience with Westborough Mitsu, I drive by them everyday on the way to work, the place looks awesome and I'm a big fan of Mitsu's I've had a few in the past, we might just have been the one unlucky couple to buy a car from them, but I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has experienced any problems like this. - Dan
Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

typical ******* who buys an evo 9 and beats the **** outta it for 20k miles and trades it in for something new. Thats crazy yur gfs eclise has 46k miles for a 97 my 05 evo has the same !!!!
Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Why did the transfer case have no oil?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks! I actually bought my car there and Bill D. was my salesman as well. My process of buying the car took about a week since I had to go back to NH for some additional paperwork but he communicated with me every time I called. In fact, bying my Evo at Westoborough Mitsu was the best car buying experience ever. Who know what went wrong, did you lefy him vociemails directly? Maybe someone wasn't forwarding your messages to him.

Hope everything goes well with your GF Evo. It might need few things but I wouldn't worry too much since its an '06 and low milleage. GL
Old Apr 27, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

I bought the first EVO that Westboro ever sold. It was a great expierence !!! I started modding it like the next day, so with the warranty voided, I haven't been back for service, but I have been back for some parts and stuff without any problems.
Dan, I hope everything works out ok for you and your GF. If they can't fix it, I know you can !!! Its was nice to see you again at WPI. I'll see you at your meet.
F.O.G.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 08:58 AM

Same here Mr. Jolda always glad to see your car hah.

As for the transfer case I have no idea why it had no oil in it, the car is still there now. but seriously, the car looked perfect and it was stock, nothings been touched, no wastegate lines loose, airbox was nice and secure, no bolts missing from ANYTHING. So I figured that the car was babied.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:45 AM

I bought my X there just about 2 months ago now. Dan in Sales was recommended to me by a co-worker. He seemed pretty honest. No huge issues getting the TSB reflash either.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP: you can't really complain too much, they screwed up - at least theyre trying to make it right.

i'm not a fan of the sales Dept, but haven't had any issues with service, and Parts is always very helpful.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
typical, yes. But what really pisses me off! why they did not check everything as far oil lvl's change oil, do typical maintanace before putting the car on the lot.

screw the Devil, fix it yourself.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 09:12 AM

I am just speculating, but my guess is that they (Westboro) were rushed into the sale more or less. If it had just come in, and you bought it the next day, chances are they did not do a complete inspection of it. I am not saying this is right or anything. They should have told you that you couldn't pick it up until it had been throroughly gone over. But at least they are taking care of it for you.
Old May 7, 2008, 06:42 AM

Well heres some feedback, we went back there on Tuesday morning, Bill D. said the car would be there in the morning, well he didn't specify that he would be driving it home to "test" everything out aka. Probably beat the crap out of the car. However he wasn't in when I got there at 7:30am so whats his definition of morning? Well he got there at around 10:00am and when me and the girlfriend went to go get the car, we found the guy that we were supposed to buy from (Dan) and told him the whole story, he was pretty upset, there was a big feud over what happened with the car between myself and Bill D. and at the end of it all, the car was back to normal, everything was fixed, they filled our tank, and gave us a free oil change whoopty doo! (they should have done that in the first place...) at first Bill D. only wanted to give us a $15 gas card after he wasted the entire tank driving it home.... seriously now come on. Dan made everything better, he talked everything over with his manager and got us a full tank, and got us the free oil change while Bill D. didn't even bother trying to make ends meet at all. He seemed as if he was just pissed at the world when we came back there, the guy has a serious attitude problem. Being a salesman at a car dealer treating your customers like crap isn't going to get you anywhere. I do highly reccoment their service department though for doing a great job along with the salesman Dan (not positive on his last name but he's the only Dan there). Other than the whole Bill D. issue and not checking out the car before we drove it off the lot, everything else was great.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah that place blows!!! dude they tried charging me 33k for and 05 (of course this was in 05) the were supper rude about it, they wouldnt let me test drive. Bill my sales man actually told me how he had been "rippin the evos up and down rt 9" and i should feel "how nice these puppies launch." I drove 20 minutes down the street to herb connolly, super nice sales men, let me test drive the vechile and sold me my evo with 0 miles on it for 27.5. ALso they were mod friendly. Im super bummed they cloed down. Anyhow good luck man i hope it works out for you.

Last edited by AutobonEvo; May 8, 2008 at 05:56 AM.